MiscellaneousCrafts

Making Photo Book Marks

I took a picture and now I want to make it into book markers as gifts. Anyone know how I can do this? I want to laminate them.

By Joyce M

I use a clear shelf liner to laminate things I want to keep nice. You can find it pretty inexpensively in the department where the shelf liner is kept at WalMart. Just measure out how much you need to cover both front and back, cut , then carefully remove backing paper. Lay the object on the sticky side and fold over to completely encase and smooth out from the middle to the edges. It works great and I have been using this method for many years. Hope this helps you. Jules

Anonymous

Jules0988's idea is great! Once you've coated both sides press well along the edges, cut along all edges and then use a hole punch at the top. I thread jute type string or ribbon with a bead and then tread through the punched hole. I've given away my entire collection of photo bookmarks but here's a photo of a chop stick wrapper I made into a bookmark.