Making Pillowcases for Gifts

Are you looking for a fun, inexpensive and easy craft to make as gifts for the Holidays?

Try making pillowcases. There are many simple patterns online and since it takes such a little bit of fabric, you can really stretch your dollars and give everyone a nice gift. I have 19 nieces and nephews, and last year EVERYONE got pillowcases - I was able to pick out fun colors or themes that matched their personalities, hobbies or interests - and since I bought the fabrics a little at a time when they were on sale or I had a coupon, each one cost me around $3 to make, so I was able to stay within a very tight budget. The kids love them, and some of the parents even asked if they were getting ones this year.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

Making Pillowcases for Gifts

A simple knit or crochet lace edging would be really pretty on the pillowcases. (08/21/2007)

By Jantoo

Making Pillowcases for Gifts

I have another suggestion for a pillow case made out of polar fleece. They are warm and cuddly and oh so easy to make. You will find many other free projects on this same site. Type in then click go. When the page comes up click on "Hancock Fabrics Online Fabric Store"

When the page comes up click on free projects at the top of the page. The pillowcase I'm talking about is called "Warm and Snuggle Pillow case". Click on that to find the instructions as well as a picture. You will find all sorts of free projects to look up,so have fun!! I especially like the polar fleece projects. Judy in Alabama (08/22/2007)

By bjptl

Homemade pillowcases
Making a Pillowcase
Adding a Crochet Skirt to Pillowcases
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Uses for Pillowcases, Yellow Pillowcase Skirt
Uses for Pillowcases