Making Pillows From Placemats and Washcloths

I made these pillows for Christmas for family members, but you could make them for any reason or decor. I bought at the dollar store the sets of 4 placemats with matching runner for $5, per set. Then I took 2 placemats and sewed them together, turned them inside out and stuffed with poly filled pillows that I bought at the same store on sale, 2 for $4. I cut the pillow open and used the stuffing, each pillow will stuff two of the theme pillows, and sew the bottom together. I put the 2 pillows together with the runner in the middle and tied it with pretty ribbon. Each family had 2 pillows for their sofa and a matching table runner for the coffee table. Everyone loved them. I would send a picture, but I have already packed up Christmas. Some of them were snowmen, angels, Christmas trees, wreaths and reindeer.

By Barbara from Wiggins, MS

On a home improvement show I saw a neat pillow that had been made out of a bathroom rug! (01/25/2007)

By Debbie52

Fabric Napkin
Making Fabric Placemats and Napkins
Purple Placemat
Uses for Placemats
Tulip Placemats
Making Crocheted Placemats
Wax Paper Flowers
Making Wax Paper Placemats