Making Soap Using Melt and Pour

I want to make homemade soap for my daughter who has very sensitive skin, she is 19 years old. I was going to buy a glycerin base melt and pour and wanted to add olive oil, vitamin E oil, and coconut oil to the mix, but no fragrance or color.

My question is, can these oils be mixed into the glycerin base? Can I use the oils from my kitchen or do they need to be a special oil for soaps? Also, does anyone have a good soap making recipe using a melt and pour method for someone with highly sensitive skin. Thank you!

By Terri

Answers:

Making Soap Using Melt and Pour

I'm not sure about the oils, but one thing I'd recommend is getting a soap base that's sodium laureth sulfate (SLS) free. It's a very common ingredient in soap and shower gels and can cause problems in people with sensitive skin. (12/13/2010)

By Tapestry Lady

Making Soap Using Melt and Pour

Thank you. I did end up ordering an olive base melt and pour from a company called Brambleberry. There is no SLS along with a lot of other chemicals. Now I'm looking for ideas to mix into the olive oil base. So far I have hemp oil, vitamin E, organic honey, and tumanu. For a garden soap I have lavender and sage. After all I did order 10lb of base. Any other ideas would be great! Thank you for your time. (12/14/2010)

By olive5

Making Soap Using Melt and Pour

smallnotebook.org

This is a super site to study for beginners. Good Luck. (12/15/2010)

By latrtatr

Making Soap Using Melt and Pour

I recommend checking out PeakCandles.com as they have a wonderful clear glycerin M&P soap base with many of the ingredients you need, and also essences, if you want them. This is what I use and get nothing but praise. (12/15/2010)

By mpoulin

Striated homemade soap in reds, pinks, and blue.
Making Melt and Pour Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄