Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry

Category Jewelry
Trellis yarn is a lacy, colorful, ribbon yarn that is an excellent choice for making jewelry. This is a guide about making trellis yarn jewelry.

Do any of the Thrifty Fun community members know where I can get free trellis and ladder crochet necklace patterns?

By Marjorie

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Try online at Mary Maxim or Auntie's Attic. Also type the kind of pattern you want in a search engine. Then select video and there may be a lesson on it to get you started.

https://www.goo  1024&bih=677

This link gives you lots of ideas when you click on images. I hope that helped.

http://justanot  ce-tutorial.html and other sites as well

I would to find a free pattern for ladder yarn earrings. Could someone please help me?

By Joyce

https://www.you  ch?v=yFHeoDqs3GI

I am looking for Jazzy metallic creator fiber yarn. What colors does the Jazzy metallic yarn come in?

By Glenda from Tucson, AZ

I'm looking for pattern to make a "neckarf" out of ladder yarn that I've seen for sale on eBay. They are heavier than necklaces, more like a scarf. Thxs.

By Sharon S.

I am looking for directions for jewelry making with ladder yarn that does not require crocheting.

By Susan

Not sure what ladder yarn is; is this the same as finger weaving with yarn? If it is I would also like some patterns, and not just for jewelry.

Where can I get pendant beads?

By Karen from Lakeville, MA

I would like to have the instructions to make this necklace please.

By Christi

Cyinda showed a picture of a lovely ruffled necklace using trellis yarn. I can't figure it out, so if it's possible to give more detailed instructions I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

By Pauline from Myrtle Beach, SC

Just found these detailed instructions & photos for trellis yarn necklaces:

http://www.nume  bbonnecklace.htm

I know how to make the basic slip bead necklace. I would like your direction on the other methods with the elastic and plastic, then also the one that is pictured with all the different lengths.

By cmajor

I bought a trellis ribbon necklace at a craft fair that was not crocheted. It had many strands that just laid flat and the back seemed to have been secured with wrapped thread. All the patterns I can find are crocheted. Any idea how this was made?

By Paula

I am looking for directions on how to make trellis ribbon earrings. Please help. I would like to make a necklace and earring set to sell for charity benefits. Thanks.

By Annie M from Cincinnati, OH

Does anyone have instructions to make a ladder necklace and earrings?

By Doris from Chula Vista, CA

Has anyone been able to find a pattern for crocheted trellis earrings?

By Brenda from CO

Answers:

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

No trellis yarn earring patterns yet, but I just found these detailed instructions and photos for trellis yarn necklaces that everyone has been looking for: numei.com (04/28/2010)

By Cyinda

At a craft fair last fall I saw a vendor with necklaces and earrings made from the trellis (also called ladder) ribbon yarns. I went back to buy some in a couple of hours and they were sold out. The vendor was selling them for her sister and did not know the pattern instructions and I can't remember them well enough to make them look right. I have found patterns for the necklaces, but not the earrings. Can anyone help?

By Melodybh from Oak Ridge, TN

Answers:

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

Go to the website anythingcrafty.com and click on Craft Patterns Trellis Yarn. The necklace instructions are $5.00 and you get the earrings pattern for free. That's all I could find. I would love to see photos of the finished product. Maybe you could post some here when you get them done. Good luck. (05/04/2009)

By Momof1

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

Go to the URL below, I posted basic directions and pictures:

thriftyfun.com

(07/07/2009)

By Cyinda

I saw a necklace made out of Trellis ladder yarn and cannot figure out how to make it. Does anyone know?

By atph from NY

Answers:

Crocheting Necklaces Out of Trellis Yarn

It's all done with a large hook (J, K etc) and only chains. Just look at the pictures here and copy one.

There's a second type that's made by single crocheting around a piece of clear elastic. OR, a third type that's made by threading the clear beading elastic thread on to a "big eye" beading needle then thread every 2, 3 or 4 empty square on to the elastic (skipping every other or every 2 or 3 "holes"). They can either be threaded on straight (accordion style) or the Trellis yarn can be twisted in a spiral with every empty square that's threaded.

For more details write me here on ThriftyFun.
Cyinda

Here's a picture of the necklace made by the #2 or #3 method. (07/03/2009)

By Cyinda

RE: Crocheting Necklaces Out of Trellis Yarn

Here's the trellis yarn necklace made only with crocheted chain: (07/04/2009)

By Cyinda

I am new to the site and am trying to find patterns to knit or crochet necklaces out of Trellis yarn or similar types. I am also looking for patterns to make them without being knit or crocheted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Donna from Worthington, MN

Answers:

I don't know if they specifically have a pattern that uses trellis yarn, but I find dozens of great patterns on crochetpatterncentral.com (12/15/2008)

By ellens815

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/trellisnecklace.html

Has a pattern using Trellis yarn for a "bib" necklace. Is that what you wanted?

Harriet (12/21/2008)

By Harriet

If you need a really great Trellis necklace pattern go to www.anythingcrafty.com. The pattern also includes a "free" earrings pattern complete with full color pictures of the supplies and tools needed to complete your project. (04/25/2009)

By anythingcrafty