Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry

Trellis yarn is a lacy, colorful, ribbon yarn that is an excellent choice for making jewelry. This is a guide about making trellis yarn jewelry.

August 25, 2013 Flag

Do any of the Thrifty Fun community members know where I can get free trellis and ladder crochet necklace patterns?

By Marjorie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try online at Mary Maxim or Auntie's Attic. Also type the kind of pattern you want in a search engine. Then select video and there may be a lesson on it to get you started.

https://www.goo  1024&bih=677

This link gives you lots of ideas when you click on images. I hope that helped.

September 19, 2014 Flag

Where can I find the yarn to make trellis jewelry?

By Betsy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Beautiful any kind of Trellis ladder yarn twinkly Trail, Sparkly trail, Glitter trail, Shiny trail, Sunny:

http://www.juli  parklytrail.html

Have a fun!

Where can I find the yarn for trellis jewelry?

February 11, 2013 Flag

I received a beautiful necklace made from ladder ribbon with a fused glass pendant. There is no crochet.It appears to be 5-6 strands of yarn that maybe were twisted. Then 6-8 inches of 5 strands of yarn knotted and a bead at the top knot to adjust the length. Anyone with directions?

By Jerry Ann G.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To make a "non-crocheted" ladder ribbon necklace just purchase some "ladder ribbon" (Trellis Ladder Yarn by Lion Brand Yarns is not manufactured any longer and too expensive on e-bay) at Creative Fiber Arts or Numei. You'll need to iron the yarn because it is usually twisted on the skein. Then find an item (like a box or picture frame) that you can use to wrap it around that will be the length that you want. Cut one end and use some ribbon to gather and sew all the ribbon and cut the other end if you want or not - depending on the type of of neck scarf you want.

I personally think the crocheted necklaces are prettier, especially if they are adjustable like mine are: http://www.cjsc  tednecklaces.com I've even added pendants and earrings and they are stunning.

what type of trellis yarn is your necklace made with. I like the thicker ribbon that is soft and bot scratchy!

July 11, 2014 Flag

I would to find a free pattern for ladder yarn earrings. Could someone please help me?

By Joyce

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

https://www.you  ch?v=yFHeoDqs3GI

April 21, 2012 Flag

I am looking for directions for jewelry making with ladder yarn that does not require crocheting.

By Susan

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Not sure what ladder yarn is; is this the same as finger weaving with yarn? If it is I would also like some patterns, and not just for jewelry.

March 5, 2015 Flag

I am looking for Jazzy metallic creator fiber yarn. What colors does the Jazzy metallic yarn come in?

By Glenda from Tucson, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 16, 2015 Flag

I'm looking for pattern to make a "neckarf" out of ladder yarn that I've seen for sale on eBay. They are heavier than necklaces, more like a scarf. Thxs.

By Sharon S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 5, 2014 Flag

Where can I get pendant beads?

By Karen from Lakeville, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 11, 2010 Flag

Cyinda showed a picture of a lovely ruffled necklace using trellis yarn. I can't figure it out, so if it's possible to give more detailed instructions I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

By Pauline from Myrtle Beach, SC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just found these detailed instructions & photos for trellis yarn necklaces:

http://www.nume  bbonnecklace.htm

November 28, 2009 Flag

What is trellis yarn and where can I purchase it?

By suziemb from Columbus

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Trellis yarn is a is a "shimmering lacy ladder ribbon yarn"

made by Lion Brand yarns but it has been discontinued.

http://www.lion  rns/trellis.html

You might still find it in yarn shops possibly. Amazon.com has some from other sellers:

http://www.amaz  mp;x=19&y=18

or on eBay:

http://shop.eba  e-All-Categories

I also saw it listed at joann.com but their site is down for the moment:

http://snurl.com/tgw9c

July 1, 2014 Flag

I would like to have the instructions to make this necklace please.

By Christi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 10, 2013 Flag

I know how to make the basic slip bead necklace. I would like your direction on the other methods with the elastic and plastic, then also the one that is pictured with all the different lengths.

By cmajor

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 4, 2011 Flag

I bought a trellis ribbon necklace at a craft fair that was not crocheted. It had many strands that just laid flat and the back seemed to have been secured with wrapped thread. All the patterns I can find are crocheted. Any idea how this was made?

By Paula

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2010 Flag

I am looking for directions on how to make trellis ribbon earrings. Please help. I would like to make a necklace and earring set to sell for charity benefits. Thanks.

By Annie M from Cincinnati, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 5, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have instructions to make a ladder necklace and earrings?

By Doris from Chula Vista, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 26, 2010 Flag

Has anyone been able to find a pattern for crocheted trellis earrings?

By Brenda from CO

Answers:

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

No trellis yarn earring patterns yet, but I just found these detailed instructions and photos for trellis yarn necklaces that everyone has been looking for: numei.com (04/28/2010)

By Cyinda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 30, 2009 Flag

At a craft fair last fall I saw a vendor with necklaces and earrings made from the trellis (also called ladder) ribbon yarns. I went back to buy some in a couple of hours and they were sold out. The vendor was selling them for her sister and did not know the pattern instructions and I can't remember them well enough to make them look right. I have found patterns for the necklaces, but not the earrings. Can anyone help?

By Melodybh from Oak Ridge, TN

Answers:

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

Go to the website anythingcrafty.com and click on Craft Patterns Trellis Yarn. The necklace instructions are $5.00 and you get the earrings pattern for free. That's all I could find. I would love to see photos of the finished product. Maybe you could post some here when you get them done. Good luck. (05/04/2009)

By Momof1

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

Go to the URL below, I posted basic directions and pictures:

thriftyfun.com

(07/07/2009)

By Cyinda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 23, 2009 Flag

I saw a necklace made out of Trellis ladder yarn and cannot figure out how to make it. Does anyone know?

By atph from NY

Answers:

Crocheting Necklaces Out of Trellis Yarn

It's all done with a large hook (J, K etc) and only chains. Just look at the pictures here and copy one.

There's a second type that's made by single crocheting around a piece of clear elastic. OR, a third type that's made by threading the clear beading elastic thread on to a "big eye" beading needle then thread every 2, 3 or 4 empty square on to the elastic (skipping every other or every 2 or 3 "holes"). They can either be threaded on straight (accordion style) or the Trellis yarn can be twisted in a spiral with every empty square that's threaded.

For more details write me here on ThriftyFun.
Cyinda

Here's a picture of the necklace made by the #2 or #3 method. (07/03/2009)

By Cyinda

RE: Crocheting Necklaces Out of Trellis Yarn

Here's the trellis yarn necklace made only with crocheted chain: (07/04/2009)

By Cyinda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2009 Flag

I am new to the site and am trying to find patterns to knit or crochet necklaces out of Trellis yarn or similar types. I am also looking for patterns to make them without being knit or crocheted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Donna from Worthington, MN

Answers:

I don't know if they specifically have a pattern that uses trellis yarn, but I find dozens of great patterns on crochetpatterncentral.com (12/15/2008)

By ellens815

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/trellisnecklace.html

Has a pattern using Trellis yarn for a "bib" necklace. Is that what you wanted?

Harriet (12/21/2008)

By Harriet

If you need a really great Trellis necklace pattern go to www.anythingcrafty.com. The pattern also includes a "free" earrings pattern complete with full color pictures of the supplies and tools needed to complete your project. (04/25/2009)

By anythingcrafty

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts JewelryJanuary 23, 2013
Reuse Chair Back As Trellis in the garden.
Creative Garden Trellis Ideas
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
string and branch garden trellis
Making a Garden Trellis
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:51:45 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.