Making Window Clings

Category Decorations

Window clings are a beautiful and easy decoration for your home or vehicle. This guide is about making window clings.

I would like to know how to make the paint that you made out of fabric glue and food coloring. I can't remember the third ingredient. I would like to do this project with my granddaughter. You put is on a page protector and then peeled it off when it dried. They stick to the window. Thank you.

By Julie

What a great idea I have been buying the stuff. I just googled it and among other sites found: Make-Stuff.com and am planning to try it. Get on Google I'm sure you'll find something. Thanks for the idea.

Sorry, I gave a site "make-stuff.com" to find ingredients for window cling. This site requires a monthly fee payment. I'm sure there are other sites for free. I'll try again.

Hi it's me again. There a loads of sites on Google all contain just glue and food color. Have a look. I do have a piece of advice: if sometimes the drawing is too thin it will tear coming off and of course the little ones get upset I just cut around the plastic and glue the item to the window.

Does anyone know how to make those window gel decorations that they sell in stores? I would love to make my own, using my cookie cutters. I know someone must know how to do this.

Thanks in advance!
JgS from NJ

I believe Hobby Lobby has information on these. Thats if one is in your area. Good Luck! Joe

I'm not sure I know what you mean but Gallery Glass colors are fun to work with, like stained glass. you simply make a pattern on just about anything, clear if you want, paint it and them create the outline from the leading paint. Really easy and fun, even the kids can do it.