Making Your Own Baby Food

Money is really tight right now and we have a 4 month old little boy, so instead of buying his baby food I make it myself. It is really easy, I buy fresh fruit and vegetables, peel the skin and puree it in the blender, and just add water until it is the right consistence. I have made carrots, squash, peaches, apples. It is fun and saves lots of money!

By Crystal

Answers:

Making Your Own Baby Food

Welcome to "mommyhood". I did the exact same thing when I had my first child. When my second child was born, I was better financially but I enjoyed making my own babyfood anyways. The babyfood that you make has to be more healthy than what is "organic" in a jar that can last for 2 years. LOL (07/29/2005)

By Michelle

Making Your Own Baby Food

Have a question? Do you have to cook the fruit and veggies first before blending? Grandson is just starting to eat baby food and I want to start doing our own because of same reason~money~+ we have our own garden and no chemicals on our veggies. Thanks (07/29/2005)

By grammar

Making Your Own Baby Food

If it is a hard vegetable like carrots or squash, yes it needs to be cooked. But like the fruit, I just puree and freeze it. I freeze them in ice cube trays and them pop them out and put them in baggies and take out one of two when it is time to feed my baby. (07/29/2005)

By Crystal

Making Your Own Baby Food

I used "The Natural Baby Food Cookbook," by Margaret Elizabeth Kenda and Phyllis S. Williams.
ISBN 0-380-60640-2. Great recipes, very healthy and do-able. I bought it all over again years later when I saw it in a store. Wanted to have it for the time in the far off future when we have grandchildren! (07/29/2005)

By cookwie

Making Your Own Baby Food

I made all my own baby food for 4 kids, It wasn't that I can't afford to buy babyfood, I guess I try to do everything my Grandmother did with her babies, Hey it work, my 12 year old is over 6 ft 2 in.

(07/30/2005)

By dsbaby14

Making Your Own Baby Food

To save time and make bigger batches. I used to put the food in ice cube trays and after it was frozen I put it in sealed bags in the freezer. Then take out only what you need for a meal at a time. Defrost or Microwave. (07/30/2005)

Making Your Own Baby Food

When my Mother came to America from Germany, she tasted the prepared baby food and thought it was awful. She would reserve some the unseasoned or lightly seasoned food and buzz it in a blender for me to eat. Perhaps this is why I was never a "fussy" eater as a toddler and teen. I think it was because my taste buds were exposed to real foods with real flavor. (12/11/2005)

By Frank

Making Your Own Baby Food
A baby eating organic baby food.
Making Your Own Organic Baby Food
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄