Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making Your Own Wood Pellets

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Wood Pellets

With a pellet mill you may be able to make your own stove pellets. This guide is about making your own wood pellets.

Here are questions related to Making Your Own Wood Pellets.

Question: Using Sawdust and Newspaper Pellets in a BBQ

Are pellets made from sawdust (cherry, oak, walnut) and newspaper safe for use in a BBQ grill?

By Bruce

Question: Making Paper Pellets for Pellet Stove

How do you make pellets out of shredded paper for a pellet stove? We have a new Englander pellet stove and just purchased a Stak pellet mill and are trying to make pellets from shredded paper. When we put paper into the hopper it shreds the paper to dust. Please help. We are not sure what we're doing wrong.

By Shanna

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia Eldridge11/01/2011

Here's a link to a site that has instructions for making pellets out of paper. One of the things it says is to not use an office paper shredder because the paper pieces will not be small enough. Maybe a cross-cut shredder will work. http://www.ehow.com/how_6739797_make-pellet-fuel-out-paper.html

Question: Homemade Wood Pellets

Does anyone know how to make handmade pellets? Not exactly like what a pellet machine can do, but something similar that I don't have to use a machine? I have tons of leaves and no money to buy a pellet machine at the cost of over $4,000. Any homemade suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be perfect, just has to work. Please advise.

By Loleini

Most Recent Answer

By wayne12/29/2010

I found a great link. 3 videos 1st one should be just what you are looking for. Hope it helps, I will build the double lever soon.
http://wn.com/Small_Micro_Biomass_Fuel_Briquette_Presses_made_from_Wood

Question: Making Wood Pellets From Scrap Lumber

I want to know if there is a way to make wood pellets out of scrap wood from my wood shop.

William

Most Recent Answer

By shirleymiz [1]03/17/2014

It is possible. Read here http://www.bestpelletmachine.com/ma ... s/Waste-Wood-Pieces-Pellet-Line.html

Question: Making Sawdust Pellets

What is the psi required to compress dry sawdust into pellets for my stove? Also, to what temperature should the sawdust be heated?

Rufas from Saskatchewan, Canada

Most Recent Answer

By logsplitters03/24/2010

Please use small flat die mill to make sawdust pellets.

Question: Grinding Boards For A Pellet Stove

Is there a cheap way of grinding up old boards so they will fit in a pellet stove to burn?

Tracy from ME

Most Recent Answer

By mark mathias07/19/2007

Yeah, this isnt a way to save $. Would probably just burn up your house/stove.

Sometimes you can get discounts if you buy a whole pallet of the pellets.

Solutions: Making Your Own Wood Pellets

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Making Wood Pellets From Scrap Lumber

I am in the construction industry, the sites I work on have a lot of scrap lumber. Can I take the 1x6, 2x4 and bigger scraps and convert them to wood pellets? I am not talking about plywood as the glue is toxic, just your kiln dried lumber for walls and such.

James from Canada

RE: Making Wood Pellets From Scrap Lumber

Is the wood treated wood? If it is, you can't for sure. (04/16/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

visit www.makeyourownpellets.com There's lot's of info. (08/23/2008)

By MakeYourOwnPellets

Archive: Homemade Wood Pellets

I was wondering if anyone knew if you could make homemade pellets out of newspaper that you could use in a wood pellet stove.