Browsing: Making a Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making a Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree

Simply and easily create a delightful holiday display by reusing baby food jars to make a Christmas tree. This is a guide about making a baby food jar Christmas tree.

Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree

March 2, 2005 Flag

Food jar tree.Here's a picture of the baby food jar "Christmas tree" my daughter made for my friend's 80th birthday.

Materials:

Instructions:

1. Drill a hole in the tops of the lids.
  2. Paint them black & let dry.
  3. Glue the jars together in a tree form. (17 jars) (She first used hot glue, didn't work well. We also tried super glue, that was a disaster.) Use car mirror glue.
  4. Cut 2-3 inches of glitter garland for each jar and place in the jars.
  5. Use a 35 light string. Put 3 lights in the top jar, in through the hole of the lids, put 2 lights in the rest of the lids and tape with black electrical tape, to hold them in.
  6. Plug in and enjoy. I still have the one my daughter made over 15 years ago.

By Great Granny Vi

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 9, 2013
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 3:36:56 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.