Making a Balloon Caterpillar

Category Decorations
This is a guide about making a balloon caterpillar. This balloon caterpillar would make a great decoration at a child's party. It is an inexpensive project that is sure to get noticed.

A cute addition to any buggy birthday party or just a fun spring/summer decoration for the house, this craft is sure to excite the youngest of crafters! It uses very simple, and very few supplies, so go for it!

Instructions:

1. Blow up 5 or 6 green balloons to small circles.
  2. Using rubber cement, attach each balloon together in a line. These will take about 5-10 minutes to dry between balloons.
  3. Draw on a face with a permanent marker and tape on pipe cleaner antennas if you wish. I just drew mine in.

Your caterpillar is complete. Display however you like. I hung mine from the light over the table by taping fishing line onto two of the balloons to hang it with. Enjoy!

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

That is so cute! and I bet you could put black pipe cleaners on underneath for the legs and antennas on his head. Those look like really thick balloons? Will just the balloons at the dollar tree work? Great idea! I gave you a thumbs up!

Awww man! this is so dang adorable. I'd make one but I have no use for it LOL. I love him and wanna squeeze him (gently, of course).

Unfortunately, my 12-year-old boy and his friends love balloons - to stomp on! Think I'll make this with giant balloons, decorate it like a dragon, and let them have-at-it! It's an adorable idea! Thanks!