Making a Base for Fragrance Oil Reed Diffusers

How do I make the base for the fragrance oil used in the reed diffusers?

P Sanders from Deep South Mississippi

Answers:

I just read a post on another site about this. It said to use 50% alcohol and 50% scented oil. Apparently, the alcohol is what holds and disperses the fragrance, and does it much more than with the oil alone. (06/21/2007)

By susanmajp

Hello,

I am new to this site and I am so excited about all of the craft ideas that everyone has. My questions is this I went over to my cousins house and her friend sells linen sprays but her sprays are so strong and they last for more than a day.

Does anyone know how I could go about making my own room spray to seal and make it as strong as her's. I have tried the vodka but from what I understand you can not sell room sprays with vodka. Also I would want it as to where you can not see the oil and the water separate because hers looked as if she brought it from the store.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing your tips. (07/10/2007)

By tfaaita

As I understand it, it's not alcohol, something....polysorbate. I think.

Google for reed diffuser base, lots of companies sell it wholesale. In any case I don't think that it's a common household product. (07/10/2007)

By Sheraone

Hi Susan,

Have you made this oil? And if you have does it disperse the fragrance pretty good? I have a small candle business & I have made some reed diffusers but the fragrance just doesn't seem very strong after awhile. Also what kind of fragrance oil do you use?

Thank You,

Linda (10/30/2007)

By davlin75

Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Reed diffuser and violets.
Homemade Reed Diffusers
🎉
🎄