Making a Bookcase Doll House

With a few simple tools, some decorative paper or wallpaper samples, paint, and other bits and pieces you can turn an old or inexpensive, new bookcase into a clever doll house for your child. This is a guide about making a bookcase doll house.

Bookcase Doll House
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

To make a Barbie house, start with a small bookcase you might have that you no longer use. Use carpet remnants for the floor, or recycle an old rug. You can also use linoleum scraps to cover the floor of your doll house, or use the contact paper with the wood look. Use contact paper or glue on wallpaper scraps for the walls.

You might choose to paint the bookcase before beginning the craft the dollhouse, depending on what color the bookcase is. Use small pictures cut from magazines to glue on the walls for room decor. This dollhouse is good when you don't have much floor space.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bookcase Doll HouseI am making a doll house out of a small bookcase. I was cutting pictures from magazines to use for the "rooms". I glued them to the sides and back of the inside of the bookcase and wanted to cover them with something clear to help hold the pictures on. I have a roll of clear laminate with a "sticky" side. But it is not sticking enough to stay, only enough to tear the pictures if I try to take it off the rest of the way when it starts coming off. Any suggestions on what I can use? Thanks.

By minnabird from VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am very inspired to make one for my little girl. Thanks for all the ideas!

Read More Answers...
Crafts MiscellaneousAugust 4, 2013
Dollhouse
Making Dollhouses
Bookshelf
Bookshelf Makeover
Doll House
Miniature Crochet Patterns for Doll House Accessories
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:13:15 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 301 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.