Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making a Bookcase Doll House

0 0EmailFollow
Bookcase Doll House

With a few simple tools, some decorative paper or wallpaper samples, paint, and other bits and pieces you can turn an old or inexpensive, new bookcase into a clever doll house for your child. This is a guide about making a bookcase doll house.

Solutions: Making a Bookcase Doll House

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Make Doll House from Old Bookcase

To make a Barbie house, start with a small bookcase you might have that you no longer use. Use carpet remnants for the floor, or recycle an old rug. You can also use linoleum scraps to cover the floor of your doll house, or use the contact paper with the wood look. Use contact paper or glue on wallpaper scraps for the walls.

You might choose to paint the bookcase before beginning the craft the dollhouse, depending on what color the bookcase is. Use small pictures cut from magazines to glue on the walls for room decor. This dollhouse is good when you don't have much floor space.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Making a Bookcase Doll House.

Question: Bookcase Doll House

Bookcase Doll HouseI am making a doll house out of a small bookcase. I was cutting pictures from magazines to use for the "rooms". I glued them to the sides and back of the inside of the bookcase and wanted to cover them with something clear to help hold the pictures on. I have a roll of clear laminate with a "sticky" side. But it is not sticking enough to stay, only enough to tear the pictures if I try to take it off the rest of the way when it starts coming off. Any suggestions on what I can use? Thanks.

By minnabird from VA

Most Recent Answer

By P Lowry08/04/2011

I am very inspired to make one for my little girl. Thanks for all the ideas!