Making a Bootie Bag From Old Jeans

I'm looking for instructions for a bootie bag made from old jeans. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ellen from Maricopa, CA

Answers:

Making a Bootie Bag From Old Jeans

My niece and I make purses from old blue jeans. Is this what your mean?

Two styles: cut off and seam at the crotch or do a single leg, cut off with tie offs. I believe we do a quarter in tie off across the leg. Strap is made from rope/jute. (09/16/2006)

By tjtooth

Making a Bootie Bag From Old Jeans

If you would go to ImaginaryKingdom.com then click on bootie bags then click on the picture, you will see what I'm talking about. I can figure out how to make the purse, but it looks like it has or would need some sort of stiffener to help keeps it shape. If so what would I use. Thanks. Ellen from Maricopa (09/19/2006)

By msettamae2

Making a Bootie Bag From Old Jeans

It looks like you would get a cardboard box or something of that sort and glue the fabric to it? Im going to try it. (09/22/2006)

By Christi

Making a Bootie Bag From Old Jeans

Could you use the large sheets of craft foam for stiffening the bags? Cardboard might not last if the bag got wet. The foam comes in colors which might act as a lining as well as stiffener. (09/22/2006)

By jean

Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
🎄