Making a Bulletin Board

Category Home Decor
A bulletin board is a convenient place to post notes, bills to pay, and other important papers. You can make your own board to fit the size and decorative needs of the space where it will hang. This is a guide about making a bulletin board.

Bulletin board crafted for organizing meeting schedules, school exams, project deadlines, and the likes.

Approximate Time: 10-30 minutes

Instructions:

This bulletin board may look simple, but make sure you have adult supervision when using a sharp cutter.
  1. Trace your favorite word or name at the top part of the cork board.
  2. Using the cutter, cut around the outline of word, but making sure you don't cut off the bottom part from the rest of the cork board.
  3. Tape this to your desk, wall or bedroom door using double-sided adhesives.

By Jacklyn from Chula Vista, CA

Magnetic Bulletin Board

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains homemade magnetic bulletin board. A useful project to help keep yourself or someone else organized.

School Bulletin Board

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about school bulletin board ideas. Teachers and others who work or volunteer at schools often have to design bulletin boards.

Bulletin board made from egg cartons

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains creative home bulletin board ideas. Bulletin boards are a great way to help keep us organized.

A pal has decorated her bathroom in Angels. Not only do her shower curtain, bath rug, towels and wash cloths have angels on them, but she's taken a good sized bulletin board and placed on a wall. She covered the cork part in a solid color gift wrap. With using push pins for bulletin boards, she's attached assorted styles of angels that she's gotten as gifts. It's quite attractive. I've never thought of putting a bulletin board in the bathroom, before. Just another way to decorate and not just for bedrooms or kitchen areas.

By Terri from NV

I think thats a good idea except I may decorate my bedroom with angels for a change getting to old for mickey mouse time for a change I bet her bath room looks real pretty I love angels I feel they protect and watch over us make us feel safe

I need to construct a bulletin board at least 3.5 ft. X 3.5 ft. I want to pin sewing and crafting patterns up while in use. I am also involved with class reunion organizing. I need to display newsletter layout and pictures. The board needs to be sturdy and reliable. Thanks.

By Pat

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and have them cut a thin piece of plywood to your measure. Glue 12" corkboard squares to this. I have done this for my sewing room, but used a large piece of corrugated cardboard for the backing and put it up on the wall with mirror hangers.

You can also get a tri fold Elmers' Display board that is made of some pretty sturdy cardboard.

Or, you can get foam board for 1.00 at the Dollar Trees. I hope this helps.