Making a Button and Bow Gift Tag
Using homemade gift tags is like giving a second little gift. This is a guide about making a button and bow gift tag
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This cute gift tag is quick to make and looks really professional. Make it for your own gifts or to sell at fairs. You can even use all recycled stuff. For instance, cut a square of card from a used greetings card, take the cloth from an old skirt or shirt, use buttons from an old cardigan and ribbon from a gift set.
- 1 small square or rectangle of sturdy card
- 1 small scrap of woven cloth
- one button
- 2 lengths of narrow ribbon about 8-9inches
- PVA glue
- hole punch
- Round the corners of your card using your scissors and punch a hole in one corner.
- Cut a piece of cloth slightly smaller than your card.
- Fray the edges of the cloth a little.
- Stick the fabric to the card using a small spot of glue in the centre.
- You will need about 8 or 9 inches of ribbon, but this will vary according to the width of your ribbon and the size of your card. Use your judgment to get the best look.
- Snip the ends to make them slanted.
- Fold the ribbon into thirds.
- Unfold the ribbon and put a small dot of glue in the centre of first and last thirds.
- Fold it up again and pull down the ribbon ends a little to form a bow shape.
- Using another spot of glue, attach the bow to the fabric and hold in place for a minute or so until it has stuck.
- Use a more generous amount of glue for the button.
- Leave undisturbed for the glue to dry and tie the other ribbon to the punched hole.
September 20, 20160 found this helpful
Here is a cute button and bow gift tag to personalize your gifts. Learn how to make it with this short video.
In This Guide