Making a CD Sun Catcher
By decorating a CD you no longer want you can make a unique suncatcher. This is a guide about making a CD sun catcher
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
With a CD, mirror pieces, jewelry findings and recycled jewelry, you can make this pretty sun catcher.
Total Time: 1 hour
Source: Pinterest inspired
- 1 CD ($0.00)
- 27 mirror pieces 1/2" or smaller. ($.50)
- 9 round gems from recycled jewelry. ($.25)
- 1 hot glue gun ($0.00)
- 8 jewelry findings ($1.00)
- 1 each fairy and jewelry bail ($0.00)
- 1 fancy button ($0.00)
- Glue the button or your choice of embellishment in the center of the CD.
- I put the 9 gems around the button and added 3 pieces of mirror out from each of them.
- The next thing was to find and flatten the findings I had. I didn't have 9 of the same, but I flattened two styles and divided them into 4 and 4.
- I put four of the one style on the one side and divided the other four into two, one set on each side of a blank spot to hang it from. That left the flattened findings (with pliers) even.
- With a small chain, I looped it into the bail and hung it. The shots of it in the window were not good, so I just took some of it on the wall. N-JOY!!
September 26, 20161 found this helpful
I make something very similar and hang them in my trees. At night they catch the light and look just like Lightning Bugs! ( I live in So. Ca. and don't get Fire Flys)
October 10, 20160 found this helpful
Wow this is great!! What a wonderful craft idea!
October 24, 20160 found this helpful
It is a great idea, but I have a question for you. When you say findings what do you mean------not real experienced obviously.
In This Guide