Making a Ceramic Tile Trivet

I would like instructions on making a ceramic tile hot pad or trivet. I made one in junior high school, but don't remember the exact instructions.

The one I want to make is with four 4 inch or 6 inch ceramic tiles on a board. It is put on your table to put hot dishes on. I don't know how to attach the tiles to the board with grout or glue? Can anyone help me?

By NanaMay from Mulhall, OK

Making a Ceramic Tile Trivet

You could just attach a thin sheet of cork cut to fit on the underside with glue or glue the sort of thick round felt or round cork pieces that are often used to keep the bottom of an item from causing scratches to table surfaces on the underside of all four corners.

In either case just make sure to wipe clean instead of immersing in water. (02/15/2010)

By Deeli

Finished trivet.
Making a Trivet
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
coiled folded paper trivet
Making a Folded Paper Trivet
Trivet (hot pad) made from wine corks inside metal hoop
Making a Wine Cork Trivet
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes