Making a Christmas Reindeer Headband
A festive reindeer head decoration you can make to wear and share at holiday gatherings. This guide is about making a Christmas reindeer headband
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Who says you can't have fun during Christmas time? Make this cute reindeer headband and wear it to any social events you attend during Christmas time. A great way to bring festive cheer to the occasion! Whoo-hoo!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: one headband
- printout of provided pattern sheet
- white plastic headband, 0.7" wide at its widest point
- red, brown and fawn colored felt
- two long red pipe cleaners
- 1 inch long golden bell charm
- 0.2 inch wide green satin ribbon
- red and brown thread
- fabric pencil marker
- standard scissors
- Super Glue
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Cut two strips from the fawn colored felt. Each strip must be slightly wider than the headband. Starting in the middle of the headband use Super Glue to affix the first strip of fawn colored felt to the headband. Allow to dry and cut off any felt protruding from the headband.
- Do the same with the second strip of fawn colored felt.
- Trace and cut four antlers from the red felt.
- Cut short strips from the pipe cleaners and use the Bostik to glue them to the bottom part of each antler.
- Glue the second part of each antler on top of the bottom, and use the needle and red thread to stitch them together.
- Cut two ears from the brown felt and two from the fawn colored felt. Glue a short piece of pipe cleaner to the brown felt.
- Glue the fawn colored ear on top of brown ear, and use the needle and brown thread to stitch them together.
- Make small folds at the bottom of the antlers and the ears, and use the Super Glue to affix the ears and antlers to the headband. Bend the antlers and ears slightly to add more dimension.
- Thread the bell onto the ribbon and make a small bow.
- Use the Super Glue to affix the bell to the headband. Whoo-hoo! Ready for some serious fun!
December 19, 20160 found this helpful
Make these adorable Christmas headbands for a festive air to any holiday party. Learn how to make them in this short video.