Making a Christmas Tree Skirt

I wanted to make a christmas tree skirt for a very special friend and family member. I was putting it down on paper, but I am stuck on how to do it. I have a sewing machine and I can sew by hand. I wanted to put pictures on it, how do I do this without using other machines to do it?

Dee

Answers:

Making a Christmas Tree Skirt

Are you asking how to add photos to the skirt? You can use your computer printer to print iron on pages to add real photos. Look in craft or office supply stores for the photo transfer pages that go thru your printer and follow their instructions. If you are thinking Christmas motifs look for fabrics with designs to cut and applique on the top layer before you put the skirt together. Hope this helps. (11/21/2004)

By D

Making a Christmas Tree Skirt

An easy way to add cutout motifs as D suggested is to use WonderUnder or a similar product. It is a fusible web that turns any fabric into iron-on fabric. It comes with paper on one side. Cut out your motif roughly, leaving some extra fabric. Iron the WonderUnder, web down, paper up, to the back of the motif. Peel off the paper and the web is now on the back of your motif. Cut out your motif exactly how you want it to be in the end, position it on the skirt and iron again. It is now stuck down. No edges to turn under and it won't fray. I suggested that you wait to do the final cutting until the WonderUnder is applied because that means the edges won't fray when you do the final cut.

If you want you can now use your machine to do decorative edge stitching around the motifs, using gold thread would add a nice festive touch. Or you could use that glitzy fabric paint that comes in a squeeze tube and makes a raised bead.

Have fun! (11/28/2004)

By Elisabeth

One Dollar Christmas Tree Skirt

For a Christmas tree skirt, I use a fabric tablecloth that I found at a $1 store.

By Faye (12/12/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Making a Christmas Tree Skirt, Photo of a homemade tree skirt.
Making a Christmas Tree Skirt
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎉
🎄