Making a Clothes Pin Butterfly
This cute kids' craft is fun to make and can then provide your children with hours of fun or make a nice decoration for their room. This is a guide about making a clothes pin butterfly
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute little craft project for older children. Younger children could get a finger pinched painfully so be careful. It doesn't take long to make and uses materials that many people already have around the house.
- 1 wooden clothes peg (clothes pin)
- 2 paper cupcake cases
- marker pens
- white (PVA) glue
- 2 tiny wiggle eyes (optional)
- sticky backed plastic gemstones (optional)
- Decorate the clothes peg using the markers.
- Flatten the cake cases. Fold each one in half and then in half again.
- Add a drop of glue to the point of one of them and glue the points together to form the wings.
- Add gems to the wings if you are using them. You could also leave the wings plain, use fancily patterned paper cases, or decorate them using the marker pens.
- Once the glue has dried, open the peg and insert the wings near to the hinge.
- Glue the wiggle eyes in place if you are using them. You could use tiny beads instead or draw eyes using the marker pens.
- Glue the wings in place if you like, but what is a nicer idea is to make several pairs of wings in different colours and sizes so they can be interchanged. You can also draw a different design on each side of the peg.
- You can also use two sets of wings at once which looks really pretty.
October 9, 20160 found this helpful
cute.. such a brilliant idea. so easy to make. You can hang them around the house for decoration.. Or attach them in baby crib rattles.
In This Guide