Making a Collage

Collage
There are many different ways to create an attractive assemblage of photos, drawings and pictures. This guide is about making a collage.

Here's a great inexpensive home decor or gift idea. It's a collage made from magazine pictures, brochures, Internet pictures, etc. Just glue the pictures onto an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper and frame in an inexpensive 11 x 14" poster frame purchased at the dollar store for $3.

My daughter made some to decorate her bedroom. She also made these for her dad, grandpa, and uncles for Father's Day and tailored them to each one's jobs and/or hobbies. They were a huge hit. The possibilities are endless.

By Angela from Wilkesboro, NC

To make and expensive looking flower collage, take close-up photos of plants in the colors you want then enlarge them and use a spray-on photo glue to put them on acid-free matboard. Buy a frame to fit and you will have a creation that would have cost you over a hundred dollars at the store.

By Yvonne from St. Paul, TX

Rebecca Lanham0 found this helpful

You and children of any age can make these simple collages with just some construction paper, scissors, glue, old magazines and newspaper ads.

Items Needed:

Optional Items:

Instructions:

1. Give each child a piece of construction paper, safety scissors and a glue stick.
  2. Give each child several old magazines and newspaper ads.
  3. Have the child cut out pictures from the magazines that represent something "about me". (It can be blonde hair, blue eyes, people that represent family members, an animal that looks like their pet... anything.)
  4. Ad

5. Let the child glue all their cut out pictures on their collage.
  6. Have the child glue their picture in the center of the collage.

A very simple craft for even the youngest child.

Variations on "This Is Me" Collage:

1. Around Christmastime, have the child make a collage of what he or she wants "Santa" to bring him or her. Using ads from local discount and toy stores, the child can cut out those pictures he or she wants. Glue on the collage just like the pictures on the "This Is Me" collage. Great help for parents that don't know what to get their kids!
  2. Make a "What I Eat" collage! Use local grocery store ads.
  3. Make an "In My House" collage! Great for learning names of items in the home.

The list goes on and on... just use your imagination!

Have fun creating a lovely, unique card using the collage art form. This is a guide about handmade rustic flowers and vases collage card.

Handmade Collage Card - Finished Card

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making a wedding shower collage. One thoughtful decoration for the wedding shower is a photo collage of the soon to be newlyweds' lives, as they start a new chapter.

Wedding Collage

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I want to do a photo collage of different family photos and also vacation photos. I want to do it in a size about 12x15 or maybe a bit larger. Does anyone have any unusual ideas for arranging the pictures? Should I put a colored background on first or stretch fabric or something? I don't want to just paste pictures together!

Thanks for the input,
Monica from PA

Try putting them in order like you want and using Laminating to make place mats. I have seen several made with pictures of grandchildren and they are neat and waterproof

Go to different scrapbooking websites (Archiver's, Creating Keepsakes) and checkout their gallery of ideas. They may have layouts similar to what you're wanting.

You may want to look at this website.. www.tsystudio.com

this website has beautiful photo collages for family and holiday collages.

If you want to get impressive collage, try to make it manually. For ideas you can visit www.ann-art.ru - there are many flash-presentations with different collages and oil paintings from photo

ThriftyFun.com Staff0 found this helpful

My co-worker and long time friend is a fan of Mary Engelbriet's artwork and has received many M.E. cards in the past few years from friends. She mentioned recently that she's been saving them to make a collage. I thought it would be a neat idea if I could do this for her as a birthday gift (her b'day is 12-25). But, before I commit to offering this, I'd have to have some idea of how to go about it. Any suggestions?

Mavis

Making a Collage: 1. Cut out the pictures and words you find. 2. Be creative in your cutting. You can use scissors with decorative edges available at most craft stores. 3. Arrange the cutouts on a blank greeting card, a piece of card stock or posterboard. 4. Try placing your cutouts in different ways. Overlap pieces or combine pictures in different combinations. 5. Glue the pictures to the backing with a glue stick or rubber cement once you have them arranged in a design you like. Rubber cement or a glue stick will work better than white glue for this project. White glue will cause paper cutouts to warp and wrinkle.

Another idea you could use is attach the cards with removable tape, to a piece of card stock or posterboard and frame them in a common sized frame with glass. Common frame sizes are quite often very inexpensive. That way the cards can be left in their original condition but will be protected.

Susan