Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill

I am trying to find directions for making a cover for my outdoor grill. It is the one with a burner on one end and a small tray for holding other things. It is kept in the garage, but it is still getting nasty with dust, etc. while not in use. Any help would be appreciated.

Shirley from Grand Bay, Alabama

Answers:

Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill

I would just put a plastic table cloth over it! But maybe you can find something like a large plastic shower cap - or put on the tablecloth and them secure it with elastic around it, (06/21/2007)

By pamphyila

Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill

Or how about an inexpensive plastic shower curtain? You could cut that down to size if needed. (06/22/2007)

By Lynn from Calif.

Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill

The shower curtains are the best and cheapest OR if you find solid colored holiday flannel-backed extra long table cloths in after Christmas sales. I bought 6 for 75% off for a different purpose (covering the mattress for a bed-wetter), which rang up at some give away price under $4.00 for them all. I still have an old one covering a baker's rack full of glass vases outside near my potting shed area, clamped down at folded corners with white plastic clothes pins. They outlast the worst winds and rain.

I'd highly recommend doing this rather than trying to pull a "fitted" something down over or off of a barbecue grill with parts extending on both ends. If you don't mind the cost, you could still find dollar store cloths/shower curtains for cheap now and in wonderful patterns. If they get damaged later on, there's no big loss. You can color-coordinate to your own taste and patio/yard colors, if any. I sew, but I would NOT tackle MAKING one, when these easy options are so available to me. Good luck and God bless you. : ) (06/27/2007)

By Lynda

Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill

If you have a old cover, don't trash it just yet, take it apart and use the old pieces as your pattern, Or buy a very cheap cover. You can use the grill cover until you finish your own, use that as a pattern. You can use newspaper to cut your pattern pieces out and mark the size of your cover. Add or subtract for the grill size later on but you will always have your basic pattern. (06/28/2007)

By Evy

Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Repairing a Gas Grill
Repairing a Gas Grill
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
🎄
🍂