Making a Crochet Child's Snuggie

Category Patterns
child wearing snuggie
Your children will love this warm, cozy handcrafted snuggie. This is a guide about making a crochet child's snuggie.

I decided to try and make my daughter a snuggie. This is what I came up with. :) It is a very simple and easily repeatable stitch. She loves it and it keeps her cozy when she is sitting on the couch. Now my other kids want one, I better go get started! This should fit around ages 9-12.

Total Time: 16 hours?

• "I" crochet hook
  • 4 balls #4 worsted weight yarn, 426 yards each
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle for weaving in ends

1. For front panel: Ch 96
  2. 1 dc in 3rd ch from hk, 1 dc in next ch, *skip 3 ch, 1 sc in next ch, ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 3 ch,* Repeat steps between ** till last 3 ch. Skip 2 ch, 1 sc in last.
  3. Ch 3, turn. 2 dc in same space as ch 3. Skip 3 stitches, *sc, ch 3, 3 dc in ch 3 space, skip next 3 dc,* Repeat steps between ** till last 4 stitches, skip 3, 1 sc in last.
  4. Repeat last row 56 times. End off, weave in ends.
  5. Advertisement
  6. Back Panel: Ch 48, work same as first row for front panel, except repeat row pattern until only 2 stitches remain at end of row. Skip 1, sc in last.
  7. Repeat second row of front panel.
  8. Advertisement
  9. Repeat second row 56 more times. End off, weave in ends. Repeat and make a second panel.
  10. You will now place your back panel on top of your front panel at the edge. Both top edges will be together. You will be making your shoulder seams now.
  11. Starting at the edge and working through both thicknesses, join yarn with a sc and work 18 sc. You will only join for a length of about 5 1/4". Why? You need to leave room for the neck.:)
  12. Advertisement
  13. Repeat with the other panel on the other edge. 2 shoulder seams attached!
  14. You will now go to the bottom of the panels. Line the sides up, join yarn with a sc and working through both thicknesses, make 92 sc.
  15. Advertisement
  16. You are stopping here to leave room for a cute little arm.:)
  17. You're getting close now; time for the arms. With right side facing you, join yarn in the armpit area with a slip st. Ch 3, 2 dc in same space, now work 9 "clusters" of sc, ch 3, 3 dc across the arm opening. End with a sc in between your first ch 3 and dc.
  18. For the second row, work same as second row of front panel.
  19. Work 21 more rows. End off, weave in ends. Repeat for other arm.
  20. Collar: With right side of snuggie facing you and laying flat, join yarn with slip st in the top right corner of back panel.* Collar is worked across top of back and front panels.
  21. Ch 3, 2 dc in same space, work 15 clusters as sleeves evenly across entire top, end with sc in last sc.
  22. Repeat row 2 of front panel. Repeat 6 times more for a total of 8 rows, or as long as you like. :)
  23. Weave in ends and enjoy!
  24. Cozy....

You're so talented! I want one! :) Thumbs up

I love the picture so much. Sissy looks pretty in it.

Wow! cool! I think it's so long to do it!)