Making a Crocheted Scarf

Category Scarves
There are so many crochet stitches and patterns that lend themselves to making a scarf. This is a guide about making a crocheted scarf.

closeup of scarf on mannequin

This is a guide about making a peacock stripes crocheted scarf. The simple crochet stitch used to make this pattern is enhanced by the choice of vibrant colors reminiscent of peacock feathers.

finished scarf on girl

This is a guide about crochet braided beauty scarf. This unique, beautiful infinity scarf consists of three braided sections. Work it up in your favorite colors.

A girl with a brown crocheted scarf with a scallop patten.

This is a guide about making a scalloped children's crochet scarf. This beautiful scarf is an excellent gift for any child. This is a guide about making a scalloped children's crochet scarf.

finished scarf hanging on clothes hanger

This is a guide about crocheted flower scarf. This festive scarf can be made for any season.

young girl wearing crochet hooded scarf

This is a guide about making a crochet hooded scarf. Make this warm and cozy hooded scarf for all of your friends and family.

A black crocheted scarf with pockets.

This is a guide about making a crocheted pocket scarf. Adding pockets to ends of your scarf will help keep your hands warm.

finished scarf

This is a guide about making a summer breeze infinity scarf. This light, lacy infinity scarf is perfect to wear in warm weather to complete your ensemble.

Toddler Crochet Boa Scarf

This is a guide about making a toddler's crochet boa scarf. This easy crochet project is perfect for pint sized divas.

young boy wearing the scarf

This is a guide about making a striped crocheted scarf. Take crochet hooks and yarn to make this handsome scarf for your friends and family.

Crocheted Infinity Scarf

This is a guide about making a crocheted infinity scarf. The infinity style scarf is very poplar. If you can crochet, even at the beginner level, there are many lovely patterns to choose from.

Cozy Fan Stitch Crochet Infinity Scarf

This is a guide about making a fan stitch crochet infinity scarf. You can crochet an infinity scarf using any of a number of stitches.

Easy Crochet Sashay Scarf

This is a guide about easy crochet sashay scarf. Lacy sashay yarn is used to make this elegant scarf.

Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl

This is a guide about making a textured half shell cowl. Use the nicely textured half shell stitch to create a warm, comfy cowl.

Three Step Crochet Scarf

This is a guide about three step crochet scarf. A good project for someone beginning to crochet. This pattern will create a unique, fun and useful scarf.

Making a Connecting Loops Crocheted Scarf

This is a guide about making a connecting loops crocheted scarf. This interesting pattern makes a striking scarf.

I am crocheting a scarf. How do I stop the fringe from unraveling?

By Connie from CA

Best Answer

Find a good stopping point and pull the end of the yarn through your final loop to secure it if you run out of yarn and need to start a new spool, or you are doing a multi-striped scarf. Thread the yarn through the stitches with a plastic needle to hide and protect it from unraveling. Do this at the very end of your project as well when the final length is achieved. Good luck.

Thank you for handy hint. I thought I tried that a good stopping point where I thought it would not unraval, then I moved it around to see what would happen and you could see that eventually it will unravel. I sell at craft boutique so I want to be careful, the yarn is homespun. I'm just starting to do boutiques.

I need a fun, quick, and easy crocheted (or knitted) scarf pattern for the holidays. I have tried every kind of pattern and cannot afford to buy new yarn. I have mostly worsted weight.

Go to www.Jo-Anns.com and look up a one skein crochet beret and scarf.It shows a small scarf but you can add to it and make it bigger.Let me know if you can't find it and I will e-mail the pattern to you.I have been working on these for the past few weeks.I have made several already.Very quick and inexpensive.Enjoy and have fun!

Why not just crochet a short chain (about 20 inches long) and do either single or double crochet on it for as long as you want the scarf to be? That'll end up with a nice, warm scarf and you won't have to buy any new yarn. You can put fringe on the ends if you want to, also. Happy Holidays and God bless you.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I do crochet for various local charities in my area. I'm supported by the ladies of my church who help by supplying the yarn needed to make these items. We have a place where they help teenage children that have had to be removed from their homes due to a poor environment.

This is a photo of the scarves I made for the boys and girls for Christmas, one for each child there. I also make baby blankets for the pregnancy crisis centers, and have plans to start making lapghans for the nursing homes. My desire is to try and share the Love of God through the talent he has given me.

By Ann from La Fayette, GA

crocheted scarves

Comment Like this photo? 12

These are so great and what a good cause! The purple striped one is beautiful. Is this a project you began yourself or a continuation from another one? I would love to see the blankets you did, too. Can I ask what size you make them?

Reply Like this photo? Yes