Making a Crocheted Tissue Box Cover
A fun crochet project to cover this common household product. This guide is about making a crocheted tissue box cover
To save money on Kleenex when my children were little, for blowing little noses to wiping dribbles and messy fingers, I would substitute toilet tissue. To keep it handy, I came up with this hat to cover the roll.
Total Time: a couple hours
- 2 oz 4 ply yarn in color of your choice ($.75)
- 1 artificial flower, ribbon bow, or choice of trim ($.50)
- 1 roll toilet tissue ($.50)
- 1 size H crochet hook
- Starting at top of hat : Ch 20 Sl St into the first chain to form a ring.
(Work all rounds in back loop of stitches only to create details shown in photo.)
Round 1. Ch 1 and make 23 SC in ring. Sl St, Ch 3 in top of SC.
Round 2. Make 2 DC in next st. * 1 DC in next st, 2 DC in next st. Repeat from * around. Sl St, Ch 3. (36 DC)
Round 3. DC in next st, 2 DC in next St, *DC in next 2 sts, 2DC in next St. Repeat from * around. Sl St, Ch 3. (50 Sts)
Rows 4-9 will form the side of the hat.
Round 4. DC in each DC around. Sl St , Ch 3.
Repeat Round 4 five more times. (Each row will be 50 DC)
On last row, Sl St into Ch 3 from the beginning of the row. Finish off and weave end into the hat.
Scalloped Shell Brim:
SC in any st to begin. 3 DC in next St. TRC in next St. 3 DC in next ST. SC in next St. (This completes 1 Shell) Repeat Shells around.
Sl St into last St. End off and Weave end in.
- Carefully remove cardboard tube from center of toilet tissue. Pull tissue from the middle of the roll, and poke through the hole in the top of the hat.
- Trim hat as desired with a bow, a silk flower or a wide band of ribbon.
Pull and gently stretch hat to cover the roll of tissue.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 25, 2016 at 3:04:31 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us