Making a Crocheted Tissue Box Cover
A fun crochet project to cover this common household product. This guide is about making a crocheted tissue box cover
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
To save money on Kleenex when my children were little, for blowing little noses to wiping dribbles and messy fingers, I would substitute toilet tissue. To keep it handy, I came up with this hat to cover the roll.
Total Time: a couple hours
- 2 oz 4 ply yarn in color of your choice ($.75)
- 1 artificial flower, ribbon bow, or choice of trim ($.50)
- 1 roll toilet tissue ($.50)
- 1 size H crochet hook
- Starting at top of hat : Ch 20 Sl St into the first chain to form a ring.
(Work all rounds in back loop of stitches only to create details shown in photo.)
Round 1. Ch 1 and make 23 SC in ring. Sl St, Ch 3 in top of SC.
Round 2. Make 2 DC in next st. * 1 DC in next st, 2 DC in next st. Repeat from * around. Sl St, Ch 3. (36 DC)
Round 3. DC in next st, 2 DC in next St, *DC in next 2 sts, 2DC in next St. Repeat from * around. Sl St, Ch 3. (50 Sts)
Rows 4-9 will form the side of the hat.
Round 4. DC in each DC around. Sl St , Ch 3.
Repeat Round 4 five more times. (Each row will be 50 DC)
On last row, Sl St into Ch 3 from the beginning of the row. Finish off and weave end into the hat.
Scalloped Shell Brim:
SC in any st to begin. 3 DC in next St. TRC in next St. 3 DC in next ST. SC in next St. (This completes 1 Shell) Repeat Shells around.
Sl St into last St. End off and Weave end in.
- Carefully remove cardboard tube from center of toilet tissue. Pull tissue from the middle of the roll, and poke through the hole in the top of the hat.
- Trim hat as desired with a bow, a silk flower or a wide band of ribbon.
Pull and gently stretch hat to cover the roll of tissue.
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 18, 2017 at 1:29:23 AM on 10.0.2.58 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us