Making a Crocheted Tote Bag

Category Patterns
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
If you know how to crochet then you can make your own stylish and utilitarian tote bags. This is a guide about making a crocheted tote bag.

I came up with this pattern for a crocheted purse! Sorry can't post a pic, but it is really cute!

Materials

Sizes: reg (large)

Pattern Instructions

Body:

Row 1- Ch 25 (35), sc in second chain from hook, sc to end. Ch 2, turn.

Rows 2-13 (2-19) *Hdc in in back loops of first sc, hdc in back loops ONLY across. Ch 1, turn. Sc across, ch 2 turn.*

Strap:

You may braid a strap or crochet a strap. Make up your own! If you don't have time or aren't really creative you can use this pattern:

Ch 5 (8), sc in second ch from hook, sc to end. Ch 1 turn.

You may make this strap as long as you like by simply adding more rows! You may also add extra rows to the purse if you like!

Thank you! (if you do post this pattern anywhere, please post my name on it: Mackenzie OK)

Enjoy!

Mackenzie from TN

Do you have any ideas on how to crochet a bag to carry out of town with me? It needs to be able to hold yarn, hooks, and anything else I would need including my cellphone, lip gloss, money, and stuff like that. I am eleven years old and go to my dad's house every other weekend and sometimes about once every two months I go to the lake. The main reason I want this is because my aunt is flying in from Las Vegas and she owns a hotel in Mississippi and we stay there sometimes while she is here!

google crochet and crafts--

I also looked at the other person who wanted to know about toothbrush work-- went to that web site and clicked on crafts-- lots of good stuff there!

good luck