Making a Duct Tape Carrot Pen
This cute carrot pen is a great Easter craft for the kids, young and old. This is a guide about making a duct tape carrot pen
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Perfect for Easter or anytime, this funky carrot pen is sure to make writing more fun!
- printer paper
- orange duct tape
- green duct tape
- craft knife
- cutting mat
- Cut paper lengthwise, into triangular pieces. The widest end should be shorter than the length of the pen that you are covering.
- Tape a triangle of paper onto the pen and wrap it tightly around, working your way towards the end of the pen. Tape the end in place.
- Tape another triangle of paper onto the pen, a little further up. Wrap it tightly around the pen, securing the end when finished. This should be building up a carrot shape around the pen. Continue attaching paper triangles until you have the desired shape.
- Cut narrow strips of the orange duct tape.
- Begin wrapping it tightly onto the pen starting at the bottom (near the writing end). Don't worry if you can't cover all of the paper because of the angle the tape wraps around the pen.
- Continue wrapping the pen in strips of duct tape until all of the paper is covered and you are happy with the coverage of the pen.
- Cut a square of duct tape and use it to cover the end of the pen.
- Cut two pieces of green duct tape. Fold them in half lengthwise, sticky sides together. Cut into 3 strips, leaving them all attached at one end.
- Attach the carrot leaves to the end of the pen using a piece of orange duct tape. Then wrap narrow pieces of orange duct tape tightly around the base of the leaves to give it more of a carrot appearance.
- Click here if you want to make the Bunny Bottom Pen Holder to go with your new pen!
February 15, 20173 found this helpful
These cute carrot shaped pens decorated with duct tape would be perfect in Easter baskets or to celebrate spring. Learn how to make it in this short video.