Making a Fabric Wrist Corsage
You can easily make a beautiful fabric wrist corsage to coordinate with our outfit. This is a guide about making a fabric wrist corsage
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This beautiful corsage is simple to make and will look very glamorous with a prom or evening dress.
Total Time: half an hour
- 6 to 12 small fabric squares
- needle and thread
- Take a little square of cloth and fold it in half.
- Fold it in half again and use your scissors to round off the point.
- Thread your needle and make a little backstitch near the folded corner.
- Repeat with all your squares and sew them to each other near their folded corners one at a time.
- Finally stitch the flower to the centre of a length of ribbon long enough to tie around your wrist.
- The more "petals" you add, the more rounded your flower will become. This one used 8 squares of fabric.
- This one used 12.
Elegant and beautiful, this is an easy project. If you can't find the corsage you are looking for to match your gown, it is easy to make one yourself from a small piece of fabric.
- 1 strip of fabric approximately 4 inches x 24 inches
- 1 length of cord or ribbon enough to wrap around your wrist plus tie in a bow
- 1 small scrap of corrugated cardboard
- fabric glue
- fine shirring elastic tied into a circle to fit your wrist
- 1 small length of embroidery floss
- 1 extra square of fabric for the backing
- Fold the fabric concertina style as in the photo.
- Use a good pair of sharp scissors to cut scallops along the cut edges through all layers.
- Cut along the folds.
- Use embroidery floss or other strong thread to tie the middle with a double knot. Pull as tight as you can without snapping the thread.
- Catch the cord and shirring elastic into the knot.
- Tug the layers of fabric apart to form the petals.
- Cut a disc of cardboard to fit on the back of the flower and cut a bigger circle of fabric.
- Snip around the fabric circle with scissors and apply glue to the cardboard.
- Fold in the tabs to cover the cardboard.
- Glue the disc to the back of the flower covering the knots.
- Let the glue dry completely before wearing. Slip the elastic over your wrist and tie the cord into a bow.
In This Guide