Making a Felt Christmas Present Card
Create a unique Christmas card for a friend or family member complete with a cute felt package motif. This guide is about making a felt Christmas present card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Christmas is traditionally a time of giving and of sharing small gifts with one another. Bring this tradition into your card-making skills and make this festive Christmas card. The gift on the front of the card will serve as a reminder of the greatest gift given to mankind, the real reason behind Christmas.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- printed copy of provided pattern
- 5.6 x 8.2 in blue cardstock
- 5.4 x 3.7 in light blue marbled cardstock
- left-over pieces of felt in the following colors: white, light green, and pink
- 25 small cerise pink flat back crystal beads
- light pink paper craft string
- Pilot silver marker pen
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- 0.6 in light purple polymer clay rose
- Score the 5.6" x 8.2" blue cardstock in half to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- Use the Pilot silver marker pen to make a border around the light blue marbled cardstock.
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the light blue marbled cardstock to the front of the card.
- Cut out the parts for the gift from the pattern sheet and place them onto the felt ~ the gift box on the pink felt, the ribbon on the white felt, and the bow on the green felt.
- Trace the parts onto the felt and cut them out.
- Cut the paper craft string into short snippets and glue them to the bottom of the card.
- Glue the pink gift box in place and add the white ribbon to the gift box.
- Glue the crystal beads in a random manner to the pink gift box.
- Glue the green bow in place.
- Attach the polymer rose.
In These Guides