Making a Felt Shamrock Pin
You and the kids can have fun making these cute felt shamrock pins for St. Patrick's Day. This is a guide about making a felt shamrock pin
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This cute little shamrock only takes a few minutes to make. You can use a safety pin to wear it as a pin or it could be glued to a barrette and worn in your hair. Either way it will ensure that you don't get pinched!
- small piece of cardboard
- Sharpie, fine tip
- green felt
- safety pin or barrette (optional)
- Fold the piece of cardboard in half and draw your template along the folded edge.
- Cut it out and open it up. Using a Sharpie, trace the shape onto the felt 4 times.
- Cut out all the felt pieces.
- Thread the needle and knot the end of the thread. Run the thread through all for of the pieces as follows: put the needle in from the top and come back through just a little bit over, then go down and up again. (It will go through each piece twice.)
- Continue until all four pieces have been threaded.
- Carefully bunch the pieces up, pulling the thread so that there is no excess thread in between the pieces. Curve the pieces to form a 4-leaf clover.
- Using your needle, sew your first and last clover leaf together. Knot your thread and cut off excess.
- Attach your clover to a safety pin or barrette and wear it!
Related Content(article continues below)Read 1 Comment
Read 1 Comment
This easy to make felt shamrock pin would be cute to wear on St. Patrick's Day and will help you avoid getting pinched!
- light green felt
- dark green felt
- light green embroidery floss
- green buttons
- pin back
- hot glue gun
- sewing needle
- Cut out templates and stick to felt using rolled up pieces of tape. Cut out felt pieces.
- Sew smaller shamrock to larger shamrock using embroidery floss. Then sew button(s) onto center of shamrock using embroidery floss.
- Use hot glue to attach the pin back, allow glue to dry before wearing.
These easy shamrocks are made with buttons and felt and make a beautiful pin for celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Learn how to make it in this short video.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 7, 2017 at 7:40:58 AM on 10.0.2.5 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us