Making a Felt Wristband
This is a guide about making a felt wristband
. An easy felt and button project for an older child can be a bracelet.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use felt in a bright bold colour to make this simple neat and attractive wristband. If you like you can sew more beads and buttons to bling it up a bit, but the simplicity of just one button is so much more elegant
- bright coloured felt
- 1 button
- needle and thread
- optional, extra beads or buttons
- fabric glue - optional
- Cut a strip of felt a little wider than your chosen button and long enough to wrap around your wrist with some overlap.
- Round off the ends.
- Cut a slit for the buttonhole at one end. This should be about 3/4 the width of the button.
- Sew the button to the other end.
- If you want a bit of extra bling you can add more buttons or beads.
- To add a bit of strength to the band if your felt is quite thin, or to cover up stitches, add a thinner strip of felt to the back using fabric glue.
- This is a lovely project for an older child or young teenager.
In This Guide