Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

I need instructions for making a jacket from a throw blanket.

Rose from Brookhaven, MS

Answers:

Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

I can tell you how to make a poncho out of a blanket if this helps. Just fold the material into a triangle and cut the top of the triangle off. Remember you can always cut more if needed, but you can't put it back once you cut it off. Then you can cut about half inch slits all along the bottom and tie each one individually into knots. I helped make one for my 11 month old little girl and you would not believe how many compliments I get on it. (12/01/2008)

By 1hope4all

Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

Check the site called "Pattern Review". They can give you some ideas on what your looking for.
patternreview.com

I have had good luck with this site when I was looking for a certain type of ideas or patterns for a project. Sometimes I just do a search, typing in the type of project I am looking for. It takes time and sometimes you have to do, what I call, a play of words to find what your looking for.
I hope this was some help (12/03/2008)

By NHRIVERAT2

Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

I have a pattern from the 90s that I used to make a coat that I still have and still get compliments on. If you'd like to send me a message with your contact information, I can send you the information, but I can't really describe it with words here. (12/05/2008)

By Beth

A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
stack of towels
Making a Jacket from Towels
🎄