Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

I would like to know how to make a jacket out of throws.

By jsasser from Daphne, AL

Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

I'm sure if you look in pattern books in stores you will find a pattern that will work. Are you talking about the woven throws or the fleece ones? If you are talking about fleece, almost any pattern will work. For the fleece jackets you can buy however many yards of fleece that is stated on the back of the pattern. Fleece is extremely easy to work with. I have never seen a jacket made out of woven throws. (09/12/2010)

By redhatterb

Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket
This is a great scouting site, This has a lot of decorations/accessories on the coat, but you could make it without them. (09/12/2010)

By Diamondee

Making a Jacket Out of a Blanket

I know what you are looking for. I had one back in the 70s; it was so comfortable and warm. Mine was more of a jacket, but they had longer coats too. Unfortunately, I can't find a pattern on the net. Here is a site that sells jackets made from Indian blankets that might give others an idea of what you're looking for. They are more detailed than the one I had, but at least go in the right direction.

nativejackets (09/20/2010)

By susanmajp

A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
stack of towels
Making a Jacket from Towels