Making a Lollipop Valentine's Day Arrangement
This is a guide about making a lollipop Valentine's day arrangement
. Use a wooden box to make a sweet bouquet of candy suckers for someone you love.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This Valentine's Day, make a sweet arrangement for your Cupid to tell him just how much you love him. Add a special touch to the arrangement by using lollipops instead of real flowers, and make sure that he knows he is your sweetheart. Afterwards, the box could be used to keep all his pens and pencils in one place, so the box serves a dual purpose.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one box
- 3.4" natural wooden square box with slanted sides
- seven round pink lollipops
- green water-retaining floral foam brick (you will use about a third of the brick)
- dark green crepe paper
- wooden toothpicks
- stencil with a heart motif
- Giotto décor textile neon pink pen
- acrylic paint in the following two colors: white and watermelon
- fine-grit sanding paper
- quick-drying matt spray varnish
- standard scissors
- sharp knife
- soft cloth
- Paint the outside of the box with an even layer of the white acrylic paint and allow to dry thoroughly. Do not paint the bottom of the box, and also do not paint the inside, but do paint the top edge of the box. Lightly sand the painted areas of the box, so that the paint will have a smooth appearance. Wipe the box with the soft cloth before continuing with the next step.
- Color the top edge of the box with the textile pen and allow to dry.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Use watermelon paint and the paintbrush to add the stencil design to one side of the box. Carefully lift the stencil and allow the design to dry thoroughly.
- Spray the outside and inside of the box with the varnish and allow to dry thoroughly. Do not spray the bottom of the box.
- Cut the floral foam into a square that would fit into the box. DO NOT soak the floral foam. Put the dry foam into the box.
- Cut the crepe paper into squares.
- Push a toothpick through the middle of a square and crumple the paper up around the toothpick. Push the toothpick into the floral foam to add a "leaf" to the arrangement. Continue adding "leaves" until the floral foam has been well covered.
- Finish it off by adding the lollipop "flowers" to the arrangement.
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 28, 2017 at 9:36:02 AM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us