Making a Melting Snowman Gift Box
The whole family can have fun helping with this project making these cute boxes for Christmas gifts. This is a guide about making a melting snowman gift box
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a cute project that you can do together as a family. Start making these gift boxes well in advance for Christmas. Use them to pack small gifts or stocking fillers for family, colleagues, or neighbors. The kids can also make them to pack a small gift for their favorite teacher. However you decide to use them, just have fun! :-)
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one gift box
- natural paper box with die cut handle
- polystyrene ball with a diameter of 55mm
- polystyrene ball with a diameter of 45mm
- 8 x 0.6" piece of purple felt
- two small twigs
- pair of 8mm wiggle eyes
- two small green buttons
- one sewing pin with a yellow head
- white cotton filling
- acrylic paint in the following colors: powder blue and white
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- Pilot silver marker pen
- sharp knife
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Glue the bottom flaps of the box together to make the box sturdier.
- Give one side of the box an uneven wash with the powder blue paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Now give the same side an uneven wash with the white paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the knife to cut both polystyrene balls in half ~ you will use one half of each ball.
- Glue some cotton filling to the box to make snow. Use the scissors to cut off any filling that protrudes over the edges.
- Spread glue unevenly over the two polystyrene ball halves to "melt" the "snow."
- For the smaller half, add the melting facial features ~ glue the two wiggle eyes in place, push the pin into the polystyrene and use the pen to draw the mouth.
- Glue the two halves to the box.
- Glue the two buttons to the bigger polystyrene half.
- Add the twigs to make the snowman's arms.
- At both ends of the purple felt strip make small incisions, so that it will look as if the scarf has fringes.
- Twist and glue the scarf around the snowman's melting body.
- Use the black and silver pens to add the words "Merry X-mas!" in melting letters to the top right corner of the box.
In This Guide