Making a Money Tree

We want to give my 85 year old mother money for her birthday, we want to make a money tree. Any suggestions on how to craft one? I know there are certain ways the dollars need to be folded, etc. Or money roses would be fine if anyone knows how to make them.

Madeline from York, PA

Answers:

Making a Money Tree

Why not make the tree out of the branches and then get those tiny cute clothespins you can get a craft stores and clip the bills on? Just a suggestion. (02/20/2007)

By michawnpita

Making a Money Tree

I think fan folding the bills is cute and easy. I did that for my husband one Valentine's Day and tied little red bows at the bottom of the fan. It also fills out the tree. (02/21/2007)

By Di

Making a Money Tree

I am making one for our student helper who is graduating. I am getting a branch, any size that is good for you will do. I am spray painting it silver, using blue ribbon with beads tied on the end to fill in. I am using white ribbon with small clips for the money, spray painting a 16 inch clay pot and painting the school logo on it. Also, it is fun to paint in the college colors that the student is going to.
(05/05/2007)

By Laurie Stahl

Making a Money Tree

Thanks for the ideas. Here's mine: I purchased from the 99 cents store a small lazy Susan (black) for the foundation of the tree (the tree can spin for the guests to add money or just to admire), 4 coiled plastic center pieces that are made up of green leaves meant for placing candles in the middle, and 2 more coils made to look like they have pears and peaches on them.

I am going to strategically place the coils around a Styrofoam cone shaped piece, after I have painted the Styrofoam green. Then place little branches with clothes pins around the tree to hold the gold coins and paper two dollar bills for my granddaughter's birthday. (10/01/2008)

By MS. "K" ldyer