Making a Mother's Day Book with "Reasons I Love You"
Rather than giving your mother something she could buy herself, make a personalized gift that she will treasure. If given for a birthday add one for each year. This is a guide about making a Mother's Day book with "Reasons I love you".
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I created this for my Mom for Mother's Day but I have also done for anniversaries and I even a friend or child's birthday! It is a personalized book dedicated to someone with REASONS you love them. For example, if it's Mom's 50th birthday, write down 50 reasons why you love her!
It really makes you THINK about all the great things this person means to you and really touches THEM! I found the book I made for my own mom after she passed away, lovingly tucked away in a drawer. Warmed me twice!
You can recruit your children to help illustrate some of the pages or add their OWN pages/reasons (and sign so they know who it's from). You may list ten 'reasons' per page and illustrate the tenth page or whatever you decide!
Total Time: A lifetime of loving memories and one night to type them up.
- what ever art supplies you want to use: pen, watercolor, paints, even photos
- If you use your computer, in Word, make TWO columns, then put your reason on each side of the layouts. You can put more than one reason on each page and just illustrate every tenth page if you'd like or let you children help decorate it with stickers, paint, family photos, etc.
- Make a cover and staple them all together. It could be fancy paper or not. Up to you!
- Here are just some ideas that can help you get started creating your own reasons:
- For teaching me Do-Ray-Me-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do!
- For reading to me!
- For fluffing my pillow each night!
- For being PROUD of me!
- For baking blueberry pies!
- For teaching me to make your famous spaghetti sauce!
- For supporting me through some troubled times!
For teaching me to DRIVE!
- For sending me to Sunday School (even though I didnt realize it then!)
- For allowing me to be creative!!
- For letting me cut your hair!
- For delicious desserts!
- For letting me know I had an unconditional supporter!
- For getting me my first (used) car- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
- For bringing me on a special trip to NYC, just the two of us!
- For lending me money to buy a house!
- For waiting at the bus stop for me rain or shine!
- For taking so many photos of us as kids! Great memories!
It's simple to make but very meaningful to a parent, spouse or friend. You'll be glad you made it after you see the reaction!
In These Guides