Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
Making a easy no-sew dog throw will keep your furniture clean and your pup comfy. This is a guide about making a no-sew dog throw
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Our Chihuahua likes to sleep on the furniture, so I wanted to protect it from hair and odors. I made her this little throw to sleep on and she loves it!
- 1 yd patterned fleece
- 1 yd coordinating solid fleece
- Cut both pieces of fleece in half along the fold, so that you have two pieces of each (36" x 30"). Trim off the selvage edges.
- Pin one piece of patterned fleece to one piece of the solid fleece.
- Measure out 3" squares in the corners and cut out. You can create a template out of cardboard if necessary. NOTE: I did 2.5" but I highly recommend using 3" to make it easier to tie.
- Lay a ruler out 3" from the blanket edge and cut fringe that is 1" wide and 3" long. Repeat this on all 4 sides.
- Now tie the fringe of each side together. Take the fringe of the top layer and bring it around and behind the lower fringe.
- Bring it over itself and down through the loop you have create. Pull it tightly to secure it. Repeat all the way around the blanket.
- Use scissors to even out the length of the fringe.
March 6, 20140 found this helpful
Watch this video and learn how to make a simple throw blanket for you furry friend.
In These Guides