Making a Plastic Cup Marshmallow Shooter
You can easily make a fun and safe projectile toy with plastic cups and marshmallows. This is a guide about making a plastic cup marshmallow shooter
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This project is unbelievably cheap and simple. Children love this toy and older children can make it themselves. It is especially good because there is no glue and no sewing involved.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 clean discarded paper or plastic cup
- 1 balloon
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 piece of screwed up tissue
- Cut the bottom off the cup with the scissors.
- Tie a knot at the neck of the balloon and snip off the tip.
- Stretch the balloon over the top of the cup. You may find this a bit tricky to start with, but after making a few it becomes easy.
- Pop your "missile" into the cup. This should be something light and soft such as screwed up paper or a pompom. Avoid marbles, small toys, ball bearings and other hard objects which can cause damage to people and property.
- Fire the missile by pulling the knotted neck of the balloon and letting go. You will be surprised at how far it can travel.
- The open end will fold together when you stretch the balloon, but this will not stop the missile from firing
- Oops, this paper cup didn't quite stand up to the test - but never mind, it still works.
- Have fun whatever your age.
In This Guide