Making a Poke-A-Pumpkin Game
Make this Halloween or fall festival game for a school or home party. This is a guide about making a poke-a-pumpkin game
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Poke-a-pumpkin is an easy to play game that is fun for all ages. There are endless possibilities for prizes and treats that could be tucked inside too!
- candy or prizes
- 30 plastic cups (with flat bottoms)
- orange tissue paper
- green tissue paper
- foam core poster board
- yellow construction paper
- green construction paper
- black construction paper
- hot glue gun
- Cut the orange and green tissue paper into squares, big enough to cover the top of the cup and hang down the sides. I set the cup upside down on the paper to figure out the proper size. (28 orange pieces and 2 green pieces)
- Put a candy or prizes into each cup. Then cover with a square of tissue paper and secure the paper with a rubber band. Repeat until all of the cups are covered.
- Arrange the pumpkin to determine your layout and ensure that it will fit on the poster board.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the cups to the board. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Create a moon from the yellow paper, bats from the black paper, and grass from the green paper. Glue them to the poster board.
- When it is time to play, have each child poke their finger through the paper into the cup of their choosing. Enjoy!
I made this game after seeing one on Pinterest. Not only did it turn out super cute, it was a lot of fun...even for my daughter's 5th grade class! It would obviously be great for younger kids too.
The object is simple, put candy or prizes into each section, then let the kids pick one to poke open and retrieve their prize. :) So much fun, and the possibilities are endless.
Click here to make your own Poke-A-Pumpkin game.
In These Guides