Making a Popsicle Stick Penguin
This is a guide about making a popsicle stick penguin
. This project turn plain popsicle sticks into this adorable penguin decoration.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make this penguin to add some cheer to your festivities. The fun of crafting for Christmas is that you can turn simple craft materials into unique decorations. Take a look at this cute little fella. He was made from ordinary ice cream sticks! With his waddling legs and his big eyes he is sure to steal a few hearts, don't you think?
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one little penguin
- 6 4.3"long straight flat wooden ice cream sticks
- A6 sized piece of ordinary white paper
- 3.2 x 2 in black faux leather (or any other suitable stiff fabric)
- long green pipe cleaner
- pair of 15mm dark green wiggle eyes
- piece of orange cardstock for the beak
- piece of orange felt for the feet
- piece of dark green felt
- black satin ribbon with white polka dots
- 2 pieces of 3" long white cloth covered wire, 22 gauge thickness
- black acrylic paint
- standard scissors
- Super Glue
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Paint the top and sides of the ice cream sticks with the black paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the Super Glue to glue the sides of the sticks together and allow to dry on a flat surface before continuing.
- Cut the pipe cleaner to a length of 7.4" and fold it in half. Use the Super Glue to affix it to the back of the sticks to make a hanger.
- Use Super Glue to add the piece of faux leather to the back of the sticks.
Related Content(article continues below)
- From the white paper, cut the white head and body. Glue it to the front of the sticks.
- Cut the penguin's feathery crest from the green felt. Glue the feathery crest and eyes in place.
- Cut a beak from the orange cardstock and glue it in place.
- Make a bow with the ribbon and glue it below the penguin's beak.
- Glue the two wires to the back of the sticks. To make it more secure, you can glue a small strip of faux leather over the wires.
- Cut two tear-shaped feet from the orange felt. Glue the top of each foot around the bottom part of the wire.
- Add a zigzag fold to each wire and voila!
In These Guides
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 22, 2017 at 2:47:03 AM on 10.0.1.245 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us