Making a Pot Rack

I need a pot rack and I don't have a space for the ceiling type. What about a wall type? I looked at some and they stick out, I want one that is flat to the wall. Can you make a pot rack out of lattice or maybe some wainscot?

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Karen from Winona, WV

Answers:

Ladder

My husband built me an old fashioned ladder that he screwed to the wall and attached hooks to it worked great for all of my pots, pans and utensils.
(05/19/2006)

By ETTA

Towel Rod

I've seen them made with a towel bar, decorative curtain rod, or another type of bar firmly fastened to the wall. Use "S" hooks to hold the pans to the rod. (05/20/2006)

By susanmajp

A Chain

My kitchen is tiny with little wall space and barely 8 ft ceilings. I borrowed a trick from a chef friend's home kitchen and hung a long chain from the ceiling with S hooks through the links. Holds an an amazing amount of stuff in a small space. Make sure the hook for the chain is in a ceiling stud since it holds quite a bit of weight. Hook, sturdy chain, and S hooks were all cheap from the hardware store. We bent the ends of the S hooks that went into the chain links just enough so they don't come out when I take down a pan. (05/20/2006)

By Miz Lou

Peg Board

Julia Child had peg board, and then traced an outline of the pot/tool and labeled it for easy, quick organizing. I have also seen "pot shelves" which are a corner vertical shelf, similar to a plant shelf, in a triangular shape, and each pot/pan has it's own shelf. It takes up very minimal space in an empty corner. I can't recall the manufacturer, but they are wrought Iron. (05/20/2006)

By camo_angels

Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Drying Rack for Laundry
Homemade Flat Drying Rack for Laundry
Coat Rack
Making a Coat Rack
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 3:05:07 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 997 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.