Making a Purse from T-shirts

I am looking for directions for making a purse from recycled t-shirts.

Pat from Dallas, TX

Making a Purse from T-shirts

I don't have directions for you. But I have done a lot with t-shirts in the past and one the things I have found is they stretch a lot when working with them.

I highly recommend using a heated adhesive sheet to attach the t-shirt to before beginning to work with it. I like to make quilts, so I will sew all the squares together and then iron them to a large scrap fabric or sheet before adding the backing and quilting it.

I imagine this will help a lot in purse making, especially if you are not planning to line the purse.

This makes the fabric so much easier to deal with. Becareful though... make sure you use a stronger needle when sewing thicker materials (especially with the adhesive in there.)

By Virginia

Making a Purse from T-shirts
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse