Making a Snowman Place Setting
Spread holiday cheer all the way to the dinner table with a decorative place setting. This is a guide about snowman place setting
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I made this fun snowman place setting for my son's 2nd birthday. You can use it for serving appetizers or you could give each person a place setting like this at a party!
- 8" white plate
- 11" white plate
- 5" square plate
- black beverage napkins (approx. 5" square)
- red luncheon napkins (approx. 6.5" square)
- black plastic forks, knives, and spoons
- Optional decorations:
- mini Oreo cookies
- chocolate chips
- baby carrots
- Lay the plates out, as shown below.
- Place a black napkin onto the square plate. Then place a knife across the bottom, to create the brim of the hat.
- Add a fork and a spoon for the arms.
- To create the bow tie, fold a red napkin in half, then fold each side back towards the center fold (see below). Then fold a second napkin in half and then in half again to create the center for the bow tie. Wrap it around the bow and tape it in place.
- Put the bow tie onto the snowman, between the 2 round plates.
- If you are using this as a place setting, you may want to give him a face too. I used mini Oreos for the eyes and buttons, a baby carrot for the nose, and chocolate chips for the mouth.
It could also be used as a veggie plate. In that case, you could use cauliflower (for the body), black olives (for the eyes, mouth, and buttons), and a baby carrot for the nose.
Be creative and have fun!
December 23, 20150 found this helpful
Very cute and clever ! :)