Making a 'Sole' Mate Valentine

A shoe insole and some crochet skills are all you need to create this clever Valentine's Day card. This is a guide about making a "sole" mate Valentine.

February 4, 2011 Flag

Crochet around an insole for your funny Valentine.

Approximate Time: less than an hour

Instructions:

1. Prep the insole: The package I bought is from Kmart and included a template for different sizes. If your insole is like mine you will need to trim it to the smallest size.
  2. On the wrong side, with a pencil, lightly draw a line about 1/4 inch from the edge. Then punch holes every quarter inch just on the line.

Crocheting the edging:

Round 1: Attach thread with a sc in one of the holes. *Ch 1, sc in next hole. Repeat from * around. Join in the first sc with a slipstitch.

Round 2: Ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch. *Skip one sc, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next sc. Repeat from * around. On the curves of the toe and heel use your own judgment, I didn't skip a sc on those curves. Join with a slipstitch in the top of the beginning ch 3.

Fasten off and weave in the ends.

Write your message on the insole with a permanent marker.
U R MY SOUL MATE

YOU ARE MY SOUL MATE

YOU ARE MY SOLE MATE

I LOVE U HEART AND SOUL

I LOVE YOU HEART AND SOUL

I LOVE YOU HEART AND SOLE

By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A Valentine's Day window card with candy hearts.
Homemade Valentine's Day Cards
Crafts Valentine's DayJanuary 6, 2017
Completed ballerina card, including message.
Making Photo Valentines
Sole meal on plate
Sole Recipes
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Pure Love Valentine's Day Card - finished heart card
How to Make a Pure Love Valentine's Day Card
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 9:09:11 PM on 10.0.1.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.