Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

I am looking for directions on how to make a memory or Christmas tree out of jewelry. It uses one of a kind earrings or old jewelry that is not being used.

Norma from Cedaredge, CO

Answers:

Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

My mom made one many years ago. She took all the pieces and glued them on felt-like background within the desired shape. Hers just happened to be a big round circle, then she took a strip of velvet and glued it on for the stem. Then she framed it and had it on the wall for a long time. Hope this helps. (07/13/2007)

By julie

Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

Buy a small tree and wire on the old jewelry. Add some small red yarn bows and maybe a pearl garland. Save an especially pretty or large piece for the topper. Glue gun can be used, but fine wire is more permanent. I've done this before and it's gorgeous. (07/14/2007)

By Linda

Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

One year I found this hideous wooden Christmas tree decoration. It was green. I just glued miscellaneous junk jewelry and now it is my only Christmas tree. After using brooches earrings and such for ornaments, then I used pearls, chains, and bracelets for ropes, dangle earrings are placed on the tips of the branches. If you have a handy man, get him to cut out the design you want.

Paint or cover with velvet or felt. My next project is a small toddler's horse on wheels. I have been saving and scrounging for jewels. (07/15/2007)

By lzygranny

Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

I covered a thin piece of Masonite with green felt. It was cut to fit a large frame. I drew an outline of a Christmas tree on the felt and then glued strung pearls (6mm to 8mm in diameter) from the craft store along the outline. I filled (glued) the tree with beautiful costume jewelry that was my mom's before she passed away. Many pieces remained from my childhood. I even put my girl scout pin on it. Every Christmas is a walk down memory lane and a way to keep my mom part of the holiday. (07/15/2007)

By Lanell S

Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

I am also looking for ideas for a Christmas tree to hang jewelery on, but I don't want to glue the jewelery on, I want to be able to take it off and wear. Years ago I saw one like this, but when I decided to make one, the lady who had it had died and no one knew what had happened to it. It also had Christmas tree lights on it and it stuck out from the wall about an inch or two. Hers was about 18 inches by at least 24 inches. It was in a frame. I wish I had asked more about it at the time I saw it . Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, cause I inherited lots of jewelery from my mother. (07/22/2007)

By adakotalady

Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

Hi. I just created a Christmas tree made out of vintage jewelry and it is beautiful. Here is a picture. (08/19/2009)

By abelina

RE: Making a Tree Out of Jewelry

VIntage jewelry tree made by aunt.
Making a Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Making a Jewelry Box
Making a Jewelry Box
🎉
🎄