Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box

A homemade gift box for your valentine can take many forms, but they will all express your love. This is a guide about making a Valentine's Day gift box.

February 1, 2010 Flag

Heart-shaped boxes in which to present a Valentine cookie or other treat.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

Instructions:

1. Using the diagram as an example, draw a template the desired size.

2. Cut two of these heart-shaped pieces from the fronts of recycled cards.

3. Fold each piece along dotted lines to create a flange.

4. Glue the front to the back along these flanges.

5. Punch holes in the top for ribbon.

6. Insert a heart-shaped cookie, thread ribbon through holes and tie in a bow.

By Preserver from Manitoba

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great idea! Could use this for other holidays, too! Thanks for submitting this. I love it.

January 20, 2010 Flag

This is a different way to send a special kiss. I made a new box for these Bacio chocolates (bacio means kiss in Italian).

I've disassembled the original box and used it as template to draw the new one in cardboard. Then I decorated the box with punched flowers and a small sentence made with die-cuts letters. The sentence is in Portuguese (my mother language) but in English means something like "Because only one is too little, I'll give you many."

This was just a "regular" surprise, but you can do something like this for Valentine's Day.

By Orquidea from Porto, Portugal

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's beautiful Orquidea. You do such lovely work. Good luck in the competition. Hugs Henny - Australia

February 12, 2010 Flag

A Chinese box that I bought on clearance after Christmas for a quarter becomes a sweet valentine box.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. I got 4 of these adorable polka dotted Chinese takeout boxes for a dollar. I printed off some free digital stamps and colored them in with coloring pencils.
  2. I put them on the box and the box lid and then added pink lace.
  3. I filled them with coordinating tissue paper and chocolates and I had an extremely affordable gift for four people.
  4. 1 dollar for 4 boxes and 3 dollars for candy. 1 dollar for tissue paper. Total cost per each gift. 1.25

By Christi from Paducah, KY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As everyone knows, I love recycle crafting, and this is a beautiful example of something useful. I love the idea as well as the great end result. Harlean from Arkansas

February 10, 2010 Flag

decoupaged heart shaped ceramic box

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had a ceramic, heart-shaped, box that I bought at the dollar store years ago but didn't like the color of it. I decided to decoupage over the design using blue and white printed napkins. It gave new life to the box, and I was pleased with the results.

February 6, 2008 Flag

Pink box with white buttons arranged in the shape of a heart.

Here's a gift I made for a friend for this Valentine's Day. I purchased an inexpensive box from the craft store and painted it with salmon pink acrylic paint

In These Guides
A Valentine's day craft.
Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
Homemade Heart Gift Boxes
Homemade Gift Boxes
Crafts Valentine's DayApril 27, 2016
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Melting Snowman Gift Box
Making a Melting Snowman Gift Box
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
folded paper box
Making Folded Paper Gift Boxes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 2:43:19 PM on 10.0.1.246 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.