Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box

A homemade gift box for your valentine can take many forms, but they will all express your love. This is a guide about making a Valentine's Day gift box.

February 1, 2010 Flag

Heart-shaped boxes in which to present a Valentine cookie or other treat.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

Instructions:

1. Using the diagram as an example, draw a template the desired size.

2. Cut two of these heart-shaped pieces from the fronts of recycled cards.

3. Fold each piece along dotted lines to create a flange.

4. Glue the front to the back along these flanges.

5. Punch holes in the top for ribbon.

6. Insert a heart-shaped cookie, thread ribbon through holes and tie in a bow.

By Preserver from Manitoba

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

January 20, 2010 Flag

This is a different way to send a special kiss. I made a new box for these Bacio chocolates (bacio means kiss in Italian).

I've disassembled the original box and used it as template to draw the new one in cardboard. Then I decorated the box with punched flowers and a small sentence made with die-cuts letters. The sentence is in Portuguese (my mother language) but in English means something like "Because only one is too little, I'll give you many."

This was just a "regular" surprise, but you can do something like this for Valentine's Day.

By Orquidea from Porto, Portugal

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

February 12, 2010 Flag

A Chinese box that I bought on clearance after Christmas for a quarter becomes a sweet valentine box.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. I got 4 of these adorable polka dotted Chinese takeout boxes for a dollar. I printed off some free digital stamps and colored them in with coloring pencils.
  2. I put them on the box and the box lid and then added pink lace.
  3. I filled them with coordinating tissue paper and chocolates and I had an extremely affordable gift for four people.
  4. 1 dollar for 4 boxes and 3 dollars for candy. 1 dollar for tissue paper. Total cost per each gift. 1.25

By Christi from Paducah, KY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Read 2 Comments

February 10, 2010 Flag

I had a ceramic, heart-shaped, box that I bought at the dollar store years ago but didn't like the color of it. I decided to decoupage over the design using blue and white printed napkins. It gave new life to the box, and I was pleased with the results.

decoupaged heart shaped ceramic box

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 6, 2008 Flag

Here's a gift I made for a friend for this Valentine's Day. I purchased an inexpensive box from the craft store and painted it with salmon pink acrylic paint

Pink box with white buttons arranged in the shape of a heart.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Valentine's DayApril 27, 2016
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
A Valentine's day craft.
Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
Homemade Heart Gift Boxes
Homemade Gift Boxes
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:00:55 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.