Making a VooDoo Doll Wreath
This fun voodoo doll wreath is a great project to make using up scraps of felt and yarn. This is a guide about making a voodoo doll wreath
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This colorful wreath is a great way to use up bits of felt and yarn! Get creative and make your own voodoo wreath.
- foam wreath form
- wire-edge ribbon
- embroidery floss
- sewing needle
- hot glue gun
- floral wire
- wire cutters
- Draw your voodoo dolls onto a piece of paper and cut them out to use as templates.
- Use rolls of tape to stick the templates to the felt. Cut two of each out of the felt color of your choosing.
- Stitch on the mouth. Draw and cut out eyes and a heart if you chose. Attach them to the front of each doll with embroidery floss.
- Sew on button eyes and stitch any other details you want.
- Then sew the front and back of each doll together, stuff with the polyfil, before sewing it all the way up. Attach hair if you desire.
- Cut out small pieces of coordinating felt and lengths of wire. Glue the felt to the doll with the wire in-between. I also used embroidery floss to add extra strength.
- For the heart, cut out two hearts and cut one in half up the middle. Use floss to stitch it back together, then sew the two hearts together around the edges. Stuff it with polyfil before sewing it all the way up. Attach wire to the back in the same way as the dolls.
- Wrap the wreath form with yarn. You can use one kind or various pieces from past projects. Attach the ends to the wreath with hot glue.
- Create a bow out of wire-edged ribbon. Attach it to the wreath using wire. I used a wooden spool in the center, but decorate it however you wish.
- Make Felt Strip Flowers. Glue them into clusters, if you like. You can either glue them directly onto the wreath or attach them with wire like the other items.
- Attach the dolls, heart, and flowers to the wreath. Twist the wire tightly to the back of the wreath.
- Add pins to the dolls and enjoy your wreath!
December 9, 20151 found this helpful
This funky and fun Halloween Voodoo Doll wreath is a fun way to decorate for the holiday. Learn how we made it in this video!
In This Guide