Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Wine Cork Self Portrait
Ok... here are some answers to the posted questions:
1) I didn't drink all the wine... the picture you see has 1,776 corks in it. I had to go through about 4,000 to get the right ones, however.
2) I'm not an artist - actually, I'm a CEO by day. That's why it took me 4 years! ...can I still take the tax deduction? :-)
3) My eyesight is good - thanks for asking tennesue!
4) I had to build a string grid to hold the corks in place... then I glued each one in place.
5) I used a black and white picture of myself to refer to. I took each pixel and marked the shade a 1-12. I then made a sample block of corks that represented 12 shades of purple. After sorting through 4,000 corks, I had enough of the different shades to plug them in the right spot.
6) This is my first and last cork project... I might try and do something simliar with colored tiles.
7) Thanks for all your nice comments!