Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Wine Cork Self Portrait
Ok... here are some answers to the posted questions:
1) I didn't drink all the wine... the picture you see has 1,776 corks in it. I had to go through about 4,000 to get the right ones, however.
2) I'm not an artist - actually, I'm a CEO by day. That's why it took me 4 years! ...can I still take the tax deduction? :-)
3) My eyesight is good - thanks for asking tennesue!
4) I had to build a string grid to hold the corks in place... then I glued each one in place.
5) I used a black and white picture of myself to refer to. I took each pixel and marked the shade a 1-12. I then made a sample block of corks that represented 12 shades of purple. After sorting through 4,000 corks, I had enough of the different shades to plug them in the right spot.
6) This is my first and last cork project... I might try and do something simliar with colored tiles.
7) Thanks for all your nice comments!
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece of art with us. I'm certain you are an artist. If you don't sell your work, please, find out what you have to do to get it to the public, other than here. I'm thinking painting is your usual medium. Am I right? Thank you again.
Way to go, if you are an artist by trade, you can claim the wine as a deduction. Sorry just had to say that. actually you are very talented, good job!!
This is fine art. If you need more wine corks, I can help. My husband makes wine and we always have extras.
This is amazing! Good job
NOW I'm impressed! Never would have guessed that wine corks could render the image so well.
That is amazing and I have never seen anything like it. You should be very proud.
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us!
Neat! Thanks for sharing with us!