Making a Yarn Wrapped Vase
If you are looking for an easy, but attractive, way to give new life to a plain vase; try wrapping it with colorful yarn. This is a guide about making a yarn wrapped vase.
This is a project to convert any old bottle into a stylish bottle vase/holder using only glue and yarn! the end result is lovely and extremely easy to make! i hope everyone tries it!
Goodwill always has a bunch of glass vases for sale. I decided to dress up one of these vases by wrapping it in colorful yarn. It turned out really cute!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- clear vase
- Modge Podge
- sponge brush, paint brush, etc.
- clear coat (optional)
- First, clean and thoroughly dry the vase.
- Starting at the neck of the vase, apply a thin layer of Modge Podge and adhere the beginning of the yarn. Using a paint brush apply some addition Modge Podge on to the yarn end to help hold it in place.
- Begin wrapping the yarn around the vase, while holding the glued end of the yarn in place so that it doesn't slip. After you have gone around the vase 5-6 times if is probably safe to let go of the end.
- I recommend applying the Modge Podge no more than an inch or so at a time as it will dry out while you are wrapping. Continue applying Modge Podge and wrapping the yarn until you reach the bottom of the vase.
- It is important to keep the yarn taut as you wrap it, to ensure that it stays tight to the vase and adheres well.
- Apply a little extra Modge Podge where the yarn ends and cut the yarn. Hold the end in place for a minute so that it adheres well. Allow vase to thoroughly dry.
- Once the vase is dry, you may want to spray the vase with clear coat. Modge Podge is water-soluble, so clear coat is recommended if you plan to put water and flowers in your vase.
Note: This same technique could be used on many different glass jars, for other uses. Have fun!
By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA
April 18, 20120 found this helpful
This is just darling! I am always doing crafts with jars and bottles! I will be looking forward to more of your craft posts!
2 found this helpful
This video shows you the easy steps to making your own unique vase by wrapping it with yarn. View the full project here: Yarn Wrapped Vase
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 12:22:57 AM on 10.0.1.158 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us